Through the Eye of the Needle / Part 5

Alice woke up the moment she felt the sun shining through the curtain right onto her face. There was a warm feeling wrapped around her body she wasn't familiar with anymore. To her pleasure she discovered the man she was now officially together with close to her body. She laid on her back and found his arm wrapped around her waist. His hair was still messy from the night before from when her fingers had been tugging on it.

The corners of her mouth subconsciously shot up high and formed a big smile on her face. She still had to process the fact that she was going to wake-up next to him every day now. His breathing was low and slow so it was clear the he was in a very deep sleep. 

Her fingers traced the arm that was around her, softly brushing his skin. The sudden touch of her tickling fingers was a wake-up call for his body. He started to shift and even pulled her body closer to him, prepping a soft kiss on her shoulder, not opening his eyes yet.

''Good morning, you.'' The smile on her face was still there and she tickled his arm even more to make sure he was going to wake up anytime soon. If she had the time she could spend all day in bed with him just snuggling together, but the kids would get downstairs for breakfast anytime soon and they still didn't want to take the risk to get caught.

He stirred and inhaled deeply, finally opening his eyes to look into her ocean blue ones who had been staring at him for over a five minutes now. There immediately appeared a smirk on his face, remembering how they had ended up here.

He realised she was finally his, even after all those times he had screwed up with her. All the odds had been against them but there they were lying in bed together, completely naked and being the happiest they could ever be.

''A very good morning.'' He said smiling and got up a little to softly kiss her. The fact that he finally got to do that every other morning was making him looking forward to waking up every day, when for a long time he wished he'd never woke up again.

Before they could take things further they got interrupted by the sound of Alice's phone which started buzzing on her night stand. She got up and wrapped the sheets around her chest, making sure she was covered.

''Hello?'' The number was anonymous and she had no idea who would call her that early in the morning besides someone who had a juicy story for her to cover for the local news station. She expected someone to ask her to come somewhere in the town. She was ready to get out of bed and get dressed and jump into her car, but to her surprise it was someone else.

''May I ask you why, exactly?'' Her voice sounded a little bit annoyed to the person on the other line. FP was still lying down onto the pillows with his hands supporting his head, watching the woman on the phone but not paying attention to the conversation she was having. He was way too distracted by her exposed bare back.

''Fine, we'll be there.'' She answered a little confused and hang up the phone. FP had almost fell asleep again, but Alice didn't let him. She turned her head around and looked right into his eyes with a little annoyed look on her face. ''You'll never guess who just called.''

---

Just an hour later the two of them were sitting into a booth of Pops not knowing what to expect. Alice hadn't ordered anything while FP needed a coffee in order to wake up. He just as much didn't have a clue about what the reason was they asked them over here and he had almost refused to go. 

He didn't actually felt like having to talk with the two people in Riverdale who did him wrong so many times on his day off, but Alice made him go since she didn't want to be there alone.

The door of Pop's tinkled with the familiar sound of the little bell and Riverdale's most hated couple walked into the diner. Hermione's eyes crossed those of Alice and if she was right she just saw a little bit of anxiety into her eyes. The four of them had a cold expression on their faces when Hermione and Hiram took they seat across of FP and Alice.