96. Billie Joe Armstrong {Requested}

*A/n* - This imagine was requested by QuinnSylvaine1998

Hope you enjoy it!

________________________

{Part 1} 

Billie and Quinn had been friends for years, even when he had become an incredibly successful musician.  He constantly had to reassure that he would still be her friend, despite his new status. Where Billie went, the media seemed to follow, and no matter how hard Billie tried to escape them. Usually, where the media were involved, rumours seemed to follow. It didn't help that Billie and Quinn always spent their free time together; they didn't know anything else, it's all they'd ever done their entire lives.

"I've got a crazy idea." Billie said, out of the blue, as he and Quinn sat together on her sofa, watching TV, and eating takeaway. Quinn looked over at him. "Oh yeah, and what's that?" She raised her eyebrows. "Why don't we pretend to date?"

"Excuse me?" Quinn replied, practically choking on her drink. "What are you going on about?"

"Hear me out." Billie put his hand up in defence as he turned his body that he was properly facing Quinn. "You know how the media is constantly bringing out fake stories speculating about us?" Quinn nodded. 'How can I forget?' She thought to herself as she thought of the messages on her social media of fans asking who she was, and trying to find out more about her private life. This lead her to thinking about the news stories themselves, and the drama that they had tried to stir up: "Green Day's lead singer spotted with mystery girl.", "Is Billie Joe Armstrong dating her?", "Billie Joe's mystery girl named as Quinn."

"Well, I was thinking, we give them something to talk about." Quinn raised her eyebrows at Billie's idea. "Why do you want to do this again?"

"I'm bored, plus I think it'll be fun." He admitted, looking over at Quinn; his eyes wide in desperation. "Come on Quinn! It used to be you that came up with these crazy ideas." Quinn stood up to get another drink. "Clearly, I'm the only one that's grown up." She laughed, before turning serious again. "I don't know Billie." She shook her head. Billie tilted his head to the side. "It'll be fun." He repeated, and Quinn couldn't help but smile before agreeing. She couldn't deny that she was desperate to get back at the media for all the trouble that they tried to cause. 

"Yes!" He said, clapping. 

****

"You ready to head out?" Billie asked Quinn as he stood by the door, waiting for her to come downstairs. "Yeah." She said, as she came down, and placed her bag on her shoulder. "Are you ready to be mischievous?" He asked her, winking. 

"Oh, I'm ready." She laughed as they left the house. Billie grabbed hold of her hand as they walked into the city. Wherever Billie went, there was always somebody there with a camera, ready to follow him, and it wasn't that long until they were having their pictures taken. The whole time, Billie gripped Quinn's hand to show her that it was okay, and that he wasn't going to let anything happen to her. He must have known that subconsciously she was worried that she was going to be jumped by a crazy fan. 

"It's okay." He whispered smiling, and immediately making her feel at ease. They spent the entire day being followed around by paparazzi, and fans, all of which were trying to get a look in. "They're falling for it." Billie whispered into her ear, as he moved a strand of hair behind it. "You think?" Quinn asked, satisfied that she and Billie had managed to fool everyone. "I think we need to do something that really gets them talking." He raised his eyebrows as he placed his hands on Quinn's waist. He looked deep into her eyes, before pulling her closer to him, and placing his lips onto her. Excitement instantly filled her as he kissed her. When he pulled away, Quinn bit her lip. "I don't think they're quite talking yet." Quinn said, pulling Billie back towards her so they kissed again.