55. Mike Dirnt

Surrounded by guitars, you were stuck for choice. They were all in your price range but you wanted the right sound.  This was your first time picking out a guitar for yourself as the previous guitars you had, were picked by a family member for your birthday or Christmas. You had been playing the Bass Guitar for years and it was all because of Mike Dirnt, who was the bass player from your favorite band; Green Day and you had a huge crush on him. 

You spent what felt like hours and hours scanning the guitars, before someone stood beside you but you were too bus staring at your array of choice in despair to notice who it was. 

Well, whoever it was clearly noticed that you were in desperate need of help by the look on your face, you heard him laugh before he said, "If your looking for the best sound, I'd go for ... this one. The Fender Standard Precision Bass. It's one of my personal favorites."

Suddenly your eyes widened. You knew you had seen that guitar before but you couldn't think where, until now, when you heard this man's voice. You looked at him;

"Oh my god! You're Mike Dirnt." He laughed at you as you laughed to yourself. "Mike Dirnt! The greatest Bass guitarist for the greatest band in the world! Holy crap!" 

"Are you a big fan?" He asked. You nodded quickly. 

"One of the biggest! May I just say, that sound that you made in Longview. Absolutely Amazing!" You were now in fangirl mode.

Mike picked up the guitar. "Come with me." He said as you followed him. You ended up at the till. "I'd like to buy this for this young lady please." He smiled as the person behind the counter nodded. "Oh no!" You said. "I can't ask you to do that." 

"You're not asking; I am." He smiled. "I only do this for very special fans. Hey, can I borrow that Sharpie there?" He asked, being handed the Sharpie. He signed your guitar. 

"Thank you so much." You smiled, even though thank you didn't seem like it was enough. Someone came through the door and handed him tickets. "These are for you. I want you to come to our show tomorrow night and play with us." He smiled. You were so immense in what was going on around you that you didn't even realize that Mike and texted someone asking them to bring tickets to the shop. 

"Thank you so much!" You repeated, feeling like the luckiest girl in the world.