Chapter 1

Im Clary Fray it's the middle of my junior school year my mom got promoted at work great for her. Just one problem she has to transfer to New York so we have to move.

I dont have many friends really just one his name is Simon our mom's work together. Simon's mom is moving also she got promoted with my mom the only good part i get to keep my bestfriend. He's been my bestfriend since i was 6.

I wasn't really popular i kept to myself my parents divorce when i was to young to remember him. After the divorce he never tried to contact me. My mom re-married to Luke he's cool they were friends as kids.

The Big Apple this will be different i was raised in a small town now im in a huge city. We arrived to the apartment the place is huge and stylish i even have my own art room.

Simon wont be here until a few weeks great im alone until then. After the movers unpack everything i decided to check out the place. As i step out the elevator my heel got caught on the floor i went down.

Prepared to hit the floor it never came i notice i was in muscular arms. I looked to the face of these arms saw a gold hair and eye boy. He was very handsome i thought our eyes lock for while he smiled!

I heard a cough of a girl, she was yelling at him for catching me. He rolled his eyes at her and helped me up and left with the blond. She glared at me i heard her mumble "bitch" she was rude.

I continued my tour this place was like something out of the movies. The views i had i couldn't wait to paint and draw this place. I know my way around a little my mom would take us on vacations here in the past.

I wanted to go shopping since we arrived it sucks i dont know anyone. I love to draw paint design and fashion so shopping was my theropy. I saw girl with dark black hair wearing killer pumps that caught my attention.

Wow those shoes are to be release for a few months yet how did she get them already. The girl is with a boy who looks exactly like her but a boy. Hey Redhead she yelled, i looked at her directly she walked up to me and smiled.

I'd kill for that top she said admiring my outfit approving. Thanks i love your shoes i told her, yea my godmother designed them she told me. What i chocked lucky you!

Im Clary i just moved in on the 12th floor with my family. Im Isabelle call me Izzy this is my brother Alec he just looked at me weird. Really that great were the only teenagers living here im tired of being around just my brothers here she said.

Where are you headed she asked? I was looking for a mall her face lit up Alec smiled. Clary do you mind if i come with you i was going with my brother but he complains. We both laughed!

Sure i need help finding it anyway i was taking a cab. Izzy laughed now you dont have to i have driver cabs are so dirty. I live in the pent house also so you can visit whenever you like.

She's rich obviously godmother a famous designer, a driver and lives in the pent house. Alec interupted I'm going to find Jace since you have a shopping buddy now.

Izzy grabbed me come on there was a nice Maserti car waiting outside for us. We reached the mall it was huge so many stores i was in heaven. As we went from store to store we learned more about each other.

Both of our parents were remarried she had a step brother name Jace she loves him just a much as Alec. I told about the small town in from how the malls were so small.

Finally we were done headed back. I was happy to have a new friend especially a girl. She also went to the same private school as me at least i know one person tomorrow.

We exchanged numbers and hugged goodbye. I opened the door back home Clary is that you my mom yelled? Yes mom i said going into the kitchen. Where were you i called you?

"Oh sorry mom," i left my phone home i went to the mall i made a new friend. Clary thats great and shopping already i see she smirked! Mom this place is great so far i cant wait to draw.

After dinner i showered called Simon told him how cool it was here. "I miss you so much Fray" he told me. I know Si i miss you also hey three weeks will be here in no time. We said our goodnites i watched Tv.

Then i remember the cute gold hair boy to bad he has a girlfriend. That blonde girl who looks like a supermodel i felt jealous. Why i dont even know the boy my eyes were heavy i dosed off for the night thinking of him.