A Normal Day

"Daddy?" Jimin whispered as he rolled over and laid on top of Taehyung who was still asleep. "Dada?" He laid on his tummy on top of Taehyung and poked his cheek multiple times. The little easily became frustrated as he continued to call Taehyung's name. He was a deep sleeper.

Jimin got off of Taehyung and sat up, pouting slightly. "Dada wake up!" Jimin whined as he began tapping Taehyung's head but he wasn't budging. Jimin's lip began quivering before he bursted into tears, Taehyung going into 'parent' mode as he jolted awake, pulling Jimin in his arms.

"Why are you crying?" Taehyung mumbled sleepily, his eyes half closed. "You wouldn't w-wake up." Jimin whined as Taehyung wiped his tears. He laughed a little."I'm sorry baby, you know Daddy is a heavy sleeper." Taehyung said. "What's that mean?" Jimin asked. "It means it's harder to wake me up when I'm asleep." Taehyung said.

"Don't cry, what did you need Kitten?" Taehyung asked as he sat up along with Jimin. "I just wanted to know if I could go swim today, it's sunny outside." Jimin said as he pointed to the window, the sun shining brightly. "Yeah but we need to go to the store first." Taehyung said. "Whyyyy!" Jimin whined. "You want ice cream don't you?" Taehyung asked and Jimin nodded. "Okay then." Taehyung said.

Jimin just sat there with a pout on his lips, a smile reaching across Taehyung's face at how cute he looked. "Come here baby." Taehyung laid Jimin down and began tickling the boy, his frown replaced by laughter. "Ahh! Dada s-stop!" Jimin laughed.

Taehyung stopped tickling him, leaning down and placing kisses all over his face. "You don't have to get out the car but you have to come with me. I can't leave you here alone." Taehyung said and Jimin nodded. Taehyung slipped on a pair of sweatpants and some sneakers, Jimin just wearing his onsie.

Taehyung had fixed him a quick bottle of milk so Jimin wasn't complaining about being hungry on the way to the grocery store which was a good 20 minutes away.

He buckled Jimin into his careseat and kissed his cheek before getting in his seat and driving off, playing the radio. "Can we get mint ice cream?" Jimin asked as he sipped his milk. "Of course. Any other flavor?" Taehyung asked. "Can we get cookie dough too?" He asked and Taehyung nodded with a hum.

As he drove, he noticed Jimin had been drinking his milk without stopping which usually led to him chocking. "Hey Kitten, slow down so you don't-" And as if on cue, Jimin ended up spitting out the milk currently in his mouth before coughing profusely.

"Remember I told you to drink slowly." Taehyung said worriedly, Jimin's coughs dying down. "S-Sorry." He said shakily. "It's okay, just take it easy next time so that doesn't happen again baby." Taehyung said.

They made it to the store and Taehyung parked the car. "I'll be right out, okay? Don't open the doors for anyone but me and do not leave the car." Taehyung said and Jimin nodded.

"Wait? Can you also get cookies and cream?" Jimin asked politely. "I'm only getting two flavors, that's enough." Taehyung said and Jimin frowned. "But I want cookies and cream too! You suck!" The little whined. Taehyung rose a brow, surprised by Jimin's attitude.

"What's one of our rules, Kitten?" Taehyung asked. Jimin crosses his arms and looked away, eyes getting teary because he knew he was in trouble now. "Not to be rude to Daddy." Jimin murmured.

"And what did you just do?" Taehyung asked. "Act rude to Daddy." He felt the tears coming. "For that, you can go swimming tomorrow, okay? You're in timeout when we get home." Taehyung established, Jimin breaking into tears as Taehgung closed the car door.

Taehyung walked into the store, going to the freezer aisle to get the ice cream. He got the cookie dough but there was no mint. He knew Jimin would have a tantrum if there was no mint so he asked a store employee if they had any where the extra supply is.

The employee got the ice cream for Taehyung who quickly bought them and left the store. He unlocked the car door and got in, Jimin continuing you cry as Taehyung began driving home.

"This is what happens when you break rules. Doesn't feel nice, does it?" Taehyung asked. "Can I p-please go swimming?" Jimin breathed out. "Nope." Taehyung shook his head.

Once home, Taehyung had Jimin sit on their bed for timeout. "I want you to think about what you did and I'll be back in half an hour, okay?" Taehyung said, Jimin sniffling softly as Taehgung left the room.

After thirty minutes, Taehyung went back upstairs to their bedroom to check in the little. Taehyung sat beside him, holding his hand gently. "Have you thought about it, hmm?" Taehyung said and Jimin nodded.

He wrapped his arms around Jimin and placed him on his lap, Jimin turning to face him. "I'm sorry Dada." He apologized. "For?" Taehyung led him on. "For b-being rude." Jimin hiccuped.

"Shhh, stop crying, baby. I forgive you, okay?" Taehyung caressed his face gently, leaning in and planting a soft kiss on his forehead.

"I'll let you go swimming today. I said that just to scare you a little." Taehyung chuckled. Jimin bit his chest lightly. "You m-meanie." He frowned, Taehyung laughing at that.

After Jimin got changed into his swimwear, they walked downstairs and out the back door, Jimin excitedly jumping into the pool. Taehyung smiled as he sat on a lounge chair beside the pool, watching Jimin while he also read a book.

After a while, Taehyung fixed lunch for the both of them and practically had to drag Jimin out the pool. The boy loved swimming, especially on nice days like these when the weather was really pleasant. After eating lunch, Taehyung fixed the little some ice cream, Jimin enjoying it as he sat on the edge of the pool, letting his legs dangle in the water.

Taehyung sat beside him with his own ice cream, Jimin resting his head on Taehyung's shoulder. "I love you Dada." Jimin whispered. "Aww, I love you too Kitten." Taehyung said back and kissed his cheek. It was nice to have a normal day after what Jimin just went though. But Jimin was fine now, not even impacted by the situation which Taehyung was very thankful for.