Sad Minnie

Taehyung had already made breakfast for Jimin, today being Christmas Eve. They were headed to a party later as well. Taehyung walked upstairs to their bedroom, opening the door slowly. "Jiminie?" He called softly, the little sleep under the covers. "Kitten I made breakfast, wakey wakey." Taehyung said.

He saw small shuffling under the cover before Jimin's little head popped up, his fluffy hair messy and pacifier wiggling gently as he sucked on it. "Aww baby~' Taehyung cooed and walked over to the bed, stroking Jimin's hair gently. "Are you hungry?" Taehyung asked and Jimin nodded, rubbing his eyes with his small fist. Taehyung picked him up and carried him downstairs, sitting him at the table to eat breakfast.

Taehyung had made nutella filled pancakes with strawberries on the side for Jimin. As Taehyung ate, he noticed Jimin hadn't taken out his pacifier to eat. "Baby you said you were hungry?" Taehyung said puzzled. Jimin whined softly, reaching for Taehyung as tears filled his eyes. "Oh Kitten, what's wrong?" Taehyung asked as he pulled Jimin onto his lap. "Daddy-" He whimpered, his fingers grasping at Taehyung's shirt. "Are you feeling younger baby?" Taehyung asked, Jimin nodding. "You want me to feed you?" Taehyung asked, Jimin nodding once more, Taehyung feeding him the pancakes.

Taehyung decided to give Jimin a bottle of milk after. "We gotta get ready to go to Jin's later on for his party." Taehyung said. "No~" Jimin whined, tears building up again. "We have to, he invited us baby. You can play with Kookie the whole time." Taehyung said as he set Jimin on the edge of the jacuzzi for his bubble bath.

Once the tub was filled with water and bubbles, he set Jimin in, the little sucking on his paci to help him stay calm. "Want cuddles." He mumbled through his pacifier. "After your bath and you get dressed, Kitten." Taehyung said softly. He washed Jimin's hair and rinsed him off before drying him in a warm, fluffy towel, taking him to their room.

He dried Jimin's hair off with a blow drier, now looking like a fluffy cloud. He dressed Jimin in a white and red striped sweater and overalls and a Christmas themed pacifier, his hair styled cutely. "You wanna cuddle now, hmm?" Taehyung asked, Jimin nodding. They laid in bed, Jimin whining quietly. "Jimin what's wrong? You've been upset all day baby." Taehyung rubbed soothing circles on his back.

"I"m sad Dada." He mumbled, alarming Taehyung. "You wanna tell Daddy whats wrong?" Taehyung asked. "N-No." Jimin hiccuped, Taehyung's heart beginning to race because there must've been something seriously wrong. "I can't help you baby if you don't tell me." Taehyung said, gasping softly when he heard Jimin start crying softly. "No Kitten, don't cry, baby." Taehyung said ever so softly. He cupped Jimin's cheeks and leaned in, kissing his forehead gently.

"Daddy~" He cried, Taehyung's heart hurting because he didn't know what was making Jimin so upset. Jimin's little fingers grasped tightly at Taehyung's shirt. "Jiminie, baby I'm right here, tell me what's wrong?" Taehyung spoke gently. "I'm sad." Jimin cried.

"But why?" Taehyung asked. "Dada f-forgot our s-special day." Jimin sniffled. "What?" Taehyung asked. "You f-forgot." Jimin cried. "Baby, listen to me.." Taehyung started, Jimin looking in his eyes. "I don't know what you mean, can we talk later, hmm?" Taehyung asked. Jimin nodded, resting his head back on Taehyung's chest as he began to calm down.

>>>

"Hey Taehyung! Hi Jiminie!" Jin greeted warmly. This year, Jin's Christmas party was only the 7 of them because he wanted to spend it only with his friends this year and not a bunch of co-workers. Taehyung held Jimin's hand as they walked in, the little sucking anxiously on his paci to keep him from breaking down again. He couldn't believe his Daddy forgot their special day.

"Kookie is in the living room, I'm sure he'll be happy to see Jimin." Jin said. They walked in where Jungkook lay on his tummy, watching frosty the snowman. "Jimin's a little down today so he may not be as playful." Taehyung said. "Aww, okay." Jin said. "Kookie look, Jimin's here." Jin said. Jungkook was wearing the same outfit as Jimin and they looked adorable.

"Hi Jiminie!" Jungkook squeaked through his pacifier, Jimin sitting down next to him. "I'll be in the other living room talking with everyone if you need me Kitten, m'kay?" Taehyung said softly. Jimin nodded as Taehyung kissed the button of his pacifier before standing up and leaving. Jungkook looked at Jimin and pouted. "Is Jiminie okay?" He asked, Jimin whining softly. "You want hug?" He asked, Jimin nodding as he pouted. Jungkook crawled over to him and sat beside him, hugging him as they watched the Christmas specials.

"How's Jimin been?" Yoongi asked after they'd talked about random topics for about an hour, his daughter sitting on his lap. "He's been sad for some reason. He was feeling younger today but it's something different. He says I forgot our 'special day' but we just celebrated our wedding anniversary." Taehyung said.

"Weird." Hoseok said. "I know." Taehyung sighed. Jungkook came running in, a worried look on his face. "What's wrong, bubs?" Jin asked as Jungkook grabbed Jin's hand. "Jiminie started crying and I don't know why." Jungkook mumbled through his pacifier.

Taehyung's heart sank, not knowing why his baby was so upset. "Can you go get him?" Namjoon asked, Jungkook nodding as he ran to get Jimin. He came back, holding one of Jimin's hand as Jimin used his other to wipe his tears. "Come here Kitten." Taehyung said softly, Jimin crawling onto his lap. "Aww, poor Jimin." Hoseok pouted. "Dada~" He whined, sitting sideways on Taehyung's lap and crying on his shoulder.

"Shhhhh, baby. I'm right here, Kitten." Taehyung said softly, kissing Jimin's forehead.

After the adults talked for a while, Jimin had fallen asleep on Taehyung's lap, Jungkook had eventually came in too and fell asleep on Namjoon's lap. "We should probably get going so Jimin can get some rest. He's had a long day." Taehyung said.

"Yeah, of course." Jin smiled warmly as Taehyung held Jimin in his arms, taking him to the car outside. "See you guys sometime." He said and they left.
....

At home, Taehyung changed Jimin into his pajamas and laid him in bed. He hoped the little was more happy tomorrow since it was Christmas and he loved Christmas. "Sweet dreams Kitten." He whispered to the sleeping boy, holding him tight.

...
He really forgot their special day😭