Can i get a uhhhhhhhhhh burger

Gavin

Nobody ended up with a dick in their ass... or with a dick in anything really. Actually, we did old buzzfeed quizzes. Well Nines asked me the questions and I answered. Don't ask.

At least I know I'm Merida now...

Anyways, now we were on our way to work. Later than intended. Fowler was gonna chew me out, and not in a kinky way.

"Gav, wanna stop for coffee?" Nines asked, making me look up from my phone.

I snorted, and put my legs
"Uh, Yeah. Duh- Definitely."

Nines' LED went yellow.
"Are you trying to be nice?"

I put my feet up on the dash, and let my head roll to the side towards the android.
"Annnnnd what if I am?"

A smile tugged at his lips.

I looked back down at my phone, stopping at Reddit which I meant to delete way back in 2020 but never did.
Oh boy the flashbacks of being a mod...

"There's a Starbucks ahead in 0.9 miles." Nines said after a while of silence.

I just nodded and grabbed the aux.
"I like to think this song is about pride. If you look, or uh, listen to verse two. Just... by the way."

Nines turned and pulled up at the Starbys.

"Oh yeah time to be a basic chick from 2018 with my starbucks and my dog Snapchat filter!" I joked.

Nines didn't get it.
"Wait... this is we will rock you by queen. Isn't it associated with football?"

I shrugged.
"Yeah prolly. Kamski always made me turn it off so I'm not big into it other than the Super Bowl."

"Oh. What do you want Gavin?" Was all he replied.

I leaned forward and looked at the menu.
"Uh... I don't know! Get a black coffee and something gay. The gayest."

Nines ordered, and drove around.
He handed me a black coffee and a unicorn Frappuccino.

I just looked at him.
"Seriously?"

Nines shrugged.

"I thought this shit was limited time back in like 2016! And it's supposed to taste like shame..." I cackled and put it in the cup holder.

He shrugged, 'saying' tough and then drove away.
"Take a sip of it."

I looked at the cup.
"Why?"

"Just do it."

So I did.
"That shits weird. Why's it minty?? That was never a thing? Or so I've heard I never drank that shit. Don't wanna be shitting sparkles or something."

Nines snorted, LED going red. It stayed red.

That's when the concern seeped in.
"Uh.... why are you having an error?"

His LED flickered yellow and blue before back to full red.
"Just wait a minute, Gav."

I did...
"Huh. It's so minty it's making my mouth numb."

Nines snorted, trying to contain his goddamn laughter.

I took another sip.
"What? It is! Are my lips huge or is that just me?!"

Nines took it away from me and began to drink it.

"I didn't know you could drink human stuf- oh why the phck am I seeing rainbows around every light."

Nines began to cackle. Full on ugly laugh. Someshit I would do.

"Gavin... you're gonna wanna sit at your desk for a while when we get to the station." He wheezed.

"Why?! What did you do to me??"

Nines put a cold hand on my thigh.
"That has thirium in it. You're fine, just... you might get high as balls or pass out. Either one, or both. Who knows."

I gave him a look. Though it probably wasn't the look I was going for.
"They do drug tests! I should know, I've failed like six! Fowler's gonna send me to rehab or some shit again, Nines!"

Nines hushed me.
"You'll be fine Gav."

I looked out the window.

"It's not enough to get you in any sort of trouble. Promise." That bastard continued.

Maybe THAT isn't...

"I was being nice to you and everything you phcking asshole."

He stroked my thigh with his thumb.
"I know, I'm sorry. It won't last long."

I bit my numb lip, not too hard hopefully.
"Yeah..."