old friend

I sit up and put my shoes on before gently waking Jay up.

"Yeah?" he mumbled.

"I'm going to the hospital" I say and he sits up. He puts his shoes on nodding. We get to the lobby and I start to feel dizzy and grab on to the wall as best as I could.

"Jade!" Jay panicked and rushed to my side. Every thing goes black. I wake up and see I'm in the hospital. My team and family were in the room.

"Hello Jade" the doctor says.

"Hi doc" I say.

"I see you didn't use your inhalers again" she says.

"It's nothing" I say trying to stand up.

"Jade please don't" Sean says with tears in his eyes.

"Jade, you remember when you were younger, don't make things difficult" she says.

"Just give me the shots" I say.

"We can't, because this is stress, you need to eat and rest" the doc says.

"No" I say ripping the things off me, but Jay stops me. I look across the hall and see my dad waking up.

"Dad!" I yell and he looks over.

"Jade!" he yells weakly. I pull the stuff off and run to him.

"Dad" I say scared.

"What happened to you?" he asked.

"This is about you dad" I say.

"I'm so sorry I left you, I'll put in the resignation with my boss" I say as everyone walks in.

"No you won't, you love your job, you love Chicago. You stay in the job you love, don't leave because of me I'll be fine" he smiles.

"Make me proud, more proud then I already am" he says and I nod.

"Uh dad this is my team, sergeant Hank voight, my partner Jay Halstead, and Antonio Dawson, Erin Lindsay, Adam Ruzek, Kevin and Alvin" I introduced.

"Hello" my dad smiles and shakes voight's hand.

"Since Jade won't answer, Jay why is she here" dad asks.

"Asthma" Jay answers.

"Again?" dad asks. He grabs his phone and I see his lock screen is an old picture of me. Then my mom walked through the door with her kids and husband.

"Reg" I smile hugging him.

"Why are you here" I asked my mom angrily.

"Your my daughter and he's my ex" she answers.

"Alright look what the crack brought in" I smile.

"Jade" dad scolds.

"Rebekah I don't need or want you here" dad says.

"Bye bitch" I smile.

"Jaden Winter-Frost Reagan" dad says.

"Dad" I whine.

"Go eat and rest" he says.

"But" he cuts me off.

"no buts, go"

"Yes sir" I say standing and leaving. Jay catches up to me holding a box of pizza. We go to my room and start eating pizza. He was eating his pizza and I said.

"let me see that" I grabbed his pizza, bit it then gave it back to him he just laughed.

"I'll be back I'm going to the bathroom" he says standing and leaving. Then I remembered the case for svu. I get changed and head out.

"Hey, give me a ride to Olivia Benson's?" I ask.

"Yeah" the cops I ran into say. I get in the car and they take me there. As I'm walking up the steps I see carisi.

"Hey Sonny" I smile.

"Jade" he smiles hugging me.

"Long time no see" I smile. Ok background info I met carisi freshman year of of high school and we were friends.

(Flashback)

It's my first day of freshman year, fun, no friends. I start looking around for my locker when I see a boy getting beat up by a jock.

"Hey Asshole!" I call out and the jock looks over.

"What?" he asks. I set my things down and walk over to him and bash his face in the locker.

"Leave him alone!" I say and throw him down. I help the kid up.

"I'm Dominick carisi, but my family calls me Sonny" he smiles.

"Jaden Reagan but my family calls me Jade" I smile back.

(Flashback over)

Ever since that day we were best friends.

"Anyways, sorry about your dad, I went a few times to check on him" he says.

"Thanks and my team and I are here to help you guys" I smile.

"Wait your intelligence?" he asks.

"Yup" I smile.