going home

"she's gonna be ok" daddy asks.

"Were you or her mother on drugs" the doctor asks.

"Her mother" daddy says looking down.

"That's it, it could have been the drugs. Bring her in once every two weeks" the doctor says. 

"Daddy how much money do you make an hour" I ask.

"Around $30, why" he asks. I grabbed my money from my pocket.

"Can I borrow 10" I ask.

"For what sweetie I got you everything you need" he says.

"It's really important" I say. He pulls his wallet out and gives me 10 and I put it in my pocket.

"Daddy when I grow up, can I be a singer" I ask.

"Yeah sweetie you can be anything you want" daddy says.

"Can I go now" I ask.

"Yes you can" the doctor answers. She takes the stuff out of me and puts Band-Aids. Daddy takes his coat off and puts it on me then picks me up.

"Mr. Reagan a fair warning she will be loopy and out of it so keep her close by" the doctor says with a needle.

"No" I scream. I started kicking and hitting.

"No" I kept moving. Daddy and grandpa held me but I kept moving. Then Eddie came up to me.

"Hey Jade how about we pretend we're big brave dragons and we have to take the medicine to make our fire come out" Eddie says.

"It's not working" I cry and keep moving.

"How about I buy you ice cream but you got to take it like a big girl" Eddie says.

"She also needs a shot to numb her mouth" the doctor says.

"Ah ah" I start screaming.

"I had her" Eddie says. She gives me the shot in my mouth. Then in my arm. I stand up and start walking but hit the door. I start crying.

"I can't feel my mouth" I say mumbled cause the shot. Daddy picks me up. Then spit falls out my mouth, I cry more. I hold onto my daddy tightly. Daddy straps me in the back and Eddie sits in front. I start crying.

"Where am I" I ask.

"Sweetie your in the car" daddy says.

"I want my daddy" I cry more.

"I'm right here baby" he says. Then Sean gets in the car after we stop at uncle Danny's house.

"Hi Sean" I smile.

"Hi" he says sadly. Then I start crying.

"I want my daddy" I say again.

"HELP" I yell.

"Sweetie it's ok" daddy says.

"I don't feel good" I say and throw up on the floor. Then the car stops. "Come on baby we're home" daddy says picking me up. We all went in the house. Daddy takes me a bath.

"What's wrong baby" he asks.

"I want my daddy" I cry. Once done with the bath we sit in the Living room.

"Sweetie why do you keep asking for daddy" Eddie asks.

"Because daddy's not here, daddy's always working, I keep looking but I can't find him" I cry more. Then daddy hugs me. I stand and go to the kitchen to get a snack. I hold my hand on the fridge handle looking and I fall asleep.

Morning

I wake up and look around.

"Daddy, daddy, DADDY, DADDY" I yell and he runs in along with Eddie and Sean wakes up.

"What's wrong, what happened" he asked and I hugged him.

"I thought you were gone" I say.

"Daddy has to work today, but you'll be coming soon, daddy's undercover" he explains.

"So can I have a new name" I smile.

"Yeah daddy's is Jimmy Riordan and you are Jasmine Riordan" Daddy says.

"Ok" I smile.

"Can you pretend Eddie's your baby-sitter" he asks. I nod. Daddy smiles and then takes Sean to school. Then the phone rings.

"Come on Jasmine" Eddie smiles.