slip and slide?

I go back to sleep but wake up to Jay leaving the bed. He leaves and comes back in. "Had to pee" He laughs. I turn to face him and he's kissing the puppy. "You know that's your puppy too right, I want pupsupport" I say. "We're still a couple" He laughs. "True" I nod. He lays down and wraps his arm around me. I fall back to sleep than wake up to my alarm. We both get up. I pull out my phone and call Reggie, I put him on speaker so I could get ready. "Hey sis" He says. "Hey bud, you busy today" I ask. "No school got canceled because of the rain" He says. "Jay and I have a puppy" I say and he cuts me off "I would love to watch him". "Great I'll come get you" I say. "Ok see you soon" He hangs up. I get ready and grab the puppy. I get in Jay's car and he starts driving. "Reggie's" He asks. "Yup" I nod. We stop at Petco to grab some stuff for the puppy then Reggie's. I go to the door drenched in water and ring the doorbell. Reggie runs to the car. I run to the car and get in. He starts playing with the puppy. "What's his name" he asked. "Ice" I answer. "He's so cute" Reggie smiles. "Ok Reggie we got stuff for the puppy, there is food in my house so eat whatever" I say giving him the keys. "Ok love you" He says kissing my cheek then running out with ice and all the stuff. We stop for coffee. "One large coffee 9 creams 5 sugars, one large Vanilla milkshake extra whipped cream and a dozen sugar cookies" Jay says. I try and pay but he doesn't let me. I grabbed my milkshake and the cookies then he grabbed his coffee. We get back to the car and head to the station. He parks and before I got out he grabbed my hand and kissed me. I kissed back and then we split apart. "Ready" He smiles then I nod. We both get out quickly and race to get inside. While going on the steps he slipped but I caught his coffee. I started laughing. I sat on the floor in the soaking rain laughing. I walked inside and put the stuff on Trudy's desk then went back and laughed more at Jay. "Yeah yeah so funny" He fake laughs. We get back to the front desk and I slip. I started laughing and Trudy was dying of laughter. I try and stand then slip again. Jay comes over and lifts me up. Trudy was laughing and eating cookies. Jay and I grabbed one then headed upstairs. "I think I bruised my butt" I say laughing. "Can I see" Jay chuckled. "Can I punch you in the face" I ask and he shakes his head smiling. We sit at our desks doing nothing but throwing paper back and fourth. Then I get a call from Reggie.
Me:what's up kiddo

Reggie:there's a women here freaking out, she said her son was murdered and she's your neighbor, that the killer is here

Me:ok hold on buddy I'm on my way, lock the door, there's a gun in my closet to the left, you grab it, don't let her touch it

Reggie:please hurry

I hang up and run to voight's office. "We got a problem" I say. "What's going on" everyone asks as we head downstairs. I explain the situation and we all race there.We get to my apartment. "REGGIE" I yell for him and he opens the door holding my gun. "You ok" I asked and he nods. "I'm Alix Rextons" The girl says shook up.

 "I'm Alix Rextons" The girl says shook up

"Babe" A man runs in.

"He's my husband" She says

"He's my husband" She says. "How old was you son" I asked. "5" she answers. We go into her apartment and see the 5 year old, bloody and sure enough there was no pulse. I wanted to throw up. I go in my apartment and puke in the trash. Jay held my hair and rubbed my back. I go to my bathroom and brush my teeth.