39.

39.
Thursday.
Christian.

I just dropped the boys off at school and was driving to my mom's house. I looked in the mirror at Aniya who was in her car seat, she had my phone and was watching something on YouTube.

I got to the house and my mom came out and got Aniya. "You got everything?" I asked her, she nodded. "Okay." I kissed her cheek. "Bye princess." I kissed Aniya's cheek then started walking back to the car. I heard Aniya start to cry as I was pulling off.

I sighed and shook my head then began driving back to the house to get Ariel. "I'm outside." I said into the phone, she didn't reply just hung up. She came out a few minutes later and got into the car. She looked sad and drained of energy.

"Where to baby?" I asked, she didn't even look at me. She punched an address into the GPS. I drove and listened to the directions of the GPS. "Baby." Ariel finally spoke, I sighed of relief a little. "Tell me beautiful." I said. "Can you drive a little faster, I don't wanna be late for my session." She said.

"Therapy session?" I questioned, she nodded as she still looked out the window. I just drove faster and didn't ask another question. We got to the destination and Ariel got out the car. She pulled her hoodie over her head as she walked into the building.

I parked the car then went inside. I saw her talking to a receptionist then walking to an office. I ran and caught up to her, I held her hand and turned her around. I looked into her eyes, she looked tired. The dark circles around her eyes made her look old. The apparent frown wasn't helping either.

I intertwined our fingers and walked with her to the therapist's office. We sat down on the couch inside the office and Ariel leaned on my shoulder as we held hands.

"Mrs. Tiller are you up for today's session?" The lady asked Ariel, she simply nodded her head. "How are you feeling?" "I'm still feeling broken Dr. Sue." Ariel sighed. "Explain." "I have my family but that boutique was apart of me. I feel like that part of me is missing." Ariel explained.

The therapist could see that i wanted to say something so she let me speak. "Ariel baby I'm here for You." "I know that." She squeezed my hand.

***
After the therapy session we returned to the house. Ariel went straight to the bedroom and got in bed. She sleeps more than she eats. "Did you eat while i was gone?" I asked her. "No. I'm not hungry." I made a face. "Not hungry?" I asked. I shook my head and went down to kitchen.

I know she's hungry but she just doesn't have the energy to make something herself, but I got shawty.
I whipped up something real quick and brought it to her. I knew she smelled the food coz her ass was sitting up in bed when i got to the room. She said thankyou then started eating.

After she ate I took the plate and went to wash the dishes. I returned to the room and saw her getting comfy. I laid with her til she fell asleep.

I went down to the living room and decided to make some calls. The police ain't doing shit for Ariel's case right now so I'm doing my own lil investigation. I called a few people I knew and told them to keep their ear to the street.

"Christian!" I heard Ariel shout out. "I'm coming." I shouted back. "Yes." I answred walking into the room. "Have you seen my phone?" She asked. "No." I started to look for it. She looked for it but couldn't find it.