3.

3.
Ariel.

"August. Yo ass can't just drop Austin off here whenever and whatever time u want to." I explained to him, he shrugged "Why not?" "What if I had a date or sumn. What if I had someone here?" He laughed. "Yo bitter anti-social ass wouldn't have anyone here besides Simone and I know you broke up with Angelo."

"Yup." I said popping the p. "Tell Angelo to stop calling my phone." I told him as i sat on my couch playing in Austin's hair. "Plus why can't his big head mama take him today. Her hoe ass never around for her son." I rolled my eyes before getting up.

"Aye, he be telling his moma everything so don't talk about her like that." I rolled my eyes, then shrugged. I really didn't care about what Riley had to say. "Austin!" I shouted from by the door. He ran over to me.

"Yes  Aunty." he responded as he looked up at me. "When was the last time you saw yo moma?" "2 weeks ago." "What!?" I answered. I was shocked. I turned to August who was biting his lip with a guilty look on his face. "August what the hell man. This girl hasn't seen her child in 2 weeks. Oh nah. I'm finna beat her ass." "Shut yo violent ass up. U acting like Riley ain't making no effort to see him. He said plainly.

"She isn't. Has she even called him?" "No." He said plainly. "Exactly. That fucking bitch ain't making no effort. I'm sick and tired of her sloppy behavior as a mother. I act like more of a mother to Austin than she does. And I'd be damned if my only nephew gets that typa treatment from his moma!" I shouted growing more and more irritated.

"Austin go to your room" August said rubbing his temples. Austin ran off to his room I had set up here. "Now look!" He shouted a lil. "I know that bitch ain't really been here for that lil boy but c'mon Ari you gotta at least fake some respect for her when you in front him. Ya know that lil nigga ain't got no chill when he with his damn moma. Just do it for me." He said rubbing his hair. I ran my hand down my face and sighed.

"Fine. But listen bring him some more clothes I'm taking him for 2 weeks. Let his bitch ass moma come back talking bout she want him. Imma stomp a hole in her throat." He laughed but stopped once he saw how serious I was.

"Fine. Chopa!" He shouted through the door. I was confused, was his ass out there the entire time. The door open and Chopa walked in with a sleeping CJ. "Hey." He said walking past the threshold and stood next to August. "Hey" I said plainly. I walked over to CJ and hugged him before he ran to go find Austin.

"Aye Ari do u mind watching CJ for me? Just for a few hours." I nodded my head, "Yu know it's not a problem." I smiled and he returned it. "Thanks." I replied with a "No problem," and a slight smile. They left and I was left with the boys.  They were playing on the floor with their toys while I made breakfast for them.

"Can one of u get the door" I said after I heard a knock. "I got it Ari." CJ said. He got up and opened the door, it closed then Simone walked into the kitchen. "Oou food." She smiled. "Not for yu." I said snatching her hand away from the bacon. She looked at me as if she was upset that I did that.

"But I'm hungry." She whined sitting at the island. "Your ass is always hungry. It's like you're eating for 2." I said. A sudden blush of red came to her entire face. "Are u!?" I shouted, curious to hear her answer. I turned off the stove and held my hand on her stomach awaiting her response.

"Ugh hell no." She said slapping my hand away. I rolled my eyes and stood up straight. "U can't be doing that anymore. I really thought your ass was preggo." "Well I'm not and im not planning on being either." "Why not? I thought u wanted kids. 4 as a matter of fact."

"That was what i wanted 3 years ago." "So?" I shrugged.. "People change their minds Ariel." I rolled my eyes and started sharing plates. "Well I guess they do. But mine is made up, ion want no damn kids." I said.  She laughed, but quickly stopped once she saw serious I was. I nodded my head at her while setting the plates down.

I don't see kids as apart of my life rn at all. I'm just about my grind at this point and I don't need any distractions. I love kids, just don't see myself having any of my own.

"Austin, CJ. Come get yall breakfast!" I shouted pouring them orange juice. They ran in and sat at the island and started eating. I made my plate and also a plate for Simone. We sat at the island and ate while we talked about her getting a new job.

"So wassup, can I work at the boutique with yu?" She asked. I opened my store 'Wavy' about 4 years ago. "Now yu know friendship and business do not mix, so that's a no." "But please. I need a job." She pleaded. "How about I see if Caitlyn needs any new workers at her salon." "Fine." She replied, she put a fork  full of bacon into her mouth.

After I was finished I washed my plate and the boys' plates as well. "You forget a plate." Simone stretched it to me. "Yo ass aint the queen get up and wash it yo'self." I said making her give me a mug. I returned it before I continued cleaning the kitchen.

I was finished cleaning so I went into my room for a nap. When I finally got comfortable CJ ran in and jumped on the bed, Austin repeated the action and they both snuggled up next to me. "Where Ms. Simone?" I asked the 2. "Gone." Austin said. I nodded and turned on the T.V. "Guys keep it down I wanna sleep." I told them, they nodded their heads. I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep.

I woke up and the boys weren't next to me, I kinda panicked. I jumped up rubbed my eyes then went looking for them.  They were asleep in their room, I turned around and quietly made my way out. I went into the bathroom and took a shower and got dressed after brushing my teeth. I made my way into the kitchen and got out a bottle of water from the fridge. 

I was watching TV when my front door opened and August and Chris walked in. "Where they at?" August asked. I pointed to their room, "Asleep." Chris took a seat next to me on the couch after coming from the kitchen. "I bought yu some McDonald's." He said to me. A big smile came across my face, "Where is it?" I asked, he pointed to the kitchen and I ran over there. 

I grabbed the bag and went back to the couch. I kissed his cheek, "Thanks." He smile and nodded

We spent the rest of the day at my apartment just chilling. When the boys woke up they went home.

~August in MM
3rd chapter of Grind&Pray

Sorry for any mistakes I might have made