Reaching Peace

Mercy's P.O.V. 

a couple of years ago  

"Moira!" 

I called the name of the mad scientist, as I stepped into the lab in a hurry with the automatic doors swishing to a close behind me. "I need to speak with you." I say in a stern voice, something I wasn't known for. 

"Ah.. Angela, it's nice to see you too darling~" Moira says, quickly shutting the book of what looked like more of her 'questionable research' . "What is it, love?" 

I push aside the romantic gestures she started to seduce me with away from me, not wanting to be fooled again by them. "Please, don't play anymore games with me Moira." 

"I would never," she says with a questionable smile, adding to her questionable nature. 

I scold at her, "You read my work, didn't you?" 

"Now now now, you make it sound like it's such a bad thing." Moira says slipping her hands into her lab coat pocket, that had the blackwatch symbol on it. 

"BECAUSE IT IS!!" I yelled, with distress I stop myself. Not wanting to continue this conversation, even though the topic comes up too many times. "How many times have I told you not to look through my research?" 

Moira's smile diminishes, "I was only worried for you. It's quite a shame that you're research requires a sacrifice of your's to help the sacrifices of other's" 

"That's the point of research! It's about helping others so they don't have to sacrifice anymore!" 

"But not to the extent of sacrificing yourself!" Moira yells back, no longer leaning against the counter of her research. She meets my determined look that I held, not faltering despite her yell. My lover sighs, "I sometimes worry about you Angela, because your research could've been something big, but it's been stop because of your damn morals." 

I look at her, with a serious look, knowing that in the end she was only worrying about me. "I wouldn't be here without them." 

Moira looks at me with disgust, "Tch.. why did I ever fall for someone like you?" she asks with question. Releasing her grip, that she seem to held on the table side, looking back at me with that evil look in her eyes. The look that used to scare me because I wouldn't know what she was going to do next. But the look scares me now, because I knew exactly what she was going to do next. 

Holding me by the cheek, with not a caress touch of her fingers, but by the sharp tips of her fingernails. "I'm done with this relationship." she says simply. 

I look up at her, wondering if her nails made me bleed this time. "Then I guess we're done now..." I say as simply as her. 

I watch her lip quiver, the grip around my cheek getting tighter, enough to leave a mark, probably worse than the other time. "Fine then," she says as she finally releases her grip from me. Turning to walk out of the automatic doors that start to open at her presence. 

"I just hope that your resurrection research doesn't end up killing you."  she says as she leaves the room, the door swishing to a close. 

As soon as it does, I fall over myself, my knees hitting the floor. I could finally catch my breath without losing my face in front of her. I almost cry out loud, surely loud enough for her to hear. But I wipe the silent tears and move on, the warnings she had spoke of about my research ringing in my head. 

A warning I chose to ignore, that would soon lead to my demise.

Genji's P.O.V.