The "Mission"

Art made by Tabletorgy-art

Author Note

So like am I the only one who didn't get the mercy or Genji skin for uprising event cuz like they look hot as fuuuuucccckkkk!!!!

Mercy's P.O.V

I was in the aircraft where me and our team were headed to complete our mission to save Kings Row.....

It was attacked by the omnics leaving thousands of casualties injured.

But our strike team can save them!!

Our mission is to save the casualties take out the omnics, then take back Kings Row and more importantly look out for my friends....

Genji's P.O.V

76 was explaining our mission of how we had to save the casualties and take back Kings Row..... but my real mission...

I looked at Dr.Ziegler...

Was to protect my angel...

"WHAT'S WITH ALL THIS STANDING AROUND!!" My thoughts were interrupted by Reinhardt.

A member that was gonna help us with this mission.

"Reinhardt... We're going to be there shortly... and please don't charge out there alone....AGAIN!!" Dr. Ziegler said.

"Again?" I said
"He tends to do that alot of times..." Hana said while texting someone on her phone.

"Are you guys even listening!!" 76 said slamming his fist on the table he was wearing some kind of eyepiece (look at his Commander outfit) instead of his visor since it was found broken

Mcree woke up startled "Wha-"

76 face palmed himself.
"This mission can cost your lives... and if it means you have to give it up your lives to complete it then do it" Without another word he left the room.

"Genjj...."
I looked over to Dr.Ziegler.
"Ah yes..."
"Be careful out there your body is very fragile and you're still getting use to it"
"Don-"

Thats when the plane started to land...
"In Kings Row... good luck out there agents" the Plane said...
Wait a plane can talk?

"Her names Athena stupid...she's a computer system" Hana said.

"I know that..." I said.

We all got out...and I took a moment to look at the destruction the omnics made....

Buildings destroyed, people and omnics alike hurt, fires and explosions....

"Heres the plan... Mcree and Dva help as many casualties as you can make sure everyone is escorted safely...." 76 said.

"Race ya cowboy!!" Hana said as she flew up.
"See ya guys back at overwatch" Mcree sighed trying to catch up to her.

"Ok, the rest of us should move on to the omnics the main mission isn't killing omnics it's to get on the objective and take back Kings Row!! Let's move!!" 76 said as he ran into the destruction with us following him.

Mercy's P.O.V
I flew to reinhardt's side as he brought up his shield, I took my pistol out and started to take down some omnics.

"Bastion Sighted!!" 76 growled.
Crack....

The Bastion seemed like a big problem since it was breaking reinhardt's shield little by little.

Another Bastion came and started shooting.

"HERE I COMEE!!!!!!" Reinhardt said as he charged into one of the bastions leaving us unprotected.

"I told him not to charge off on his own!!" I said.

The other bastion turn to us and started firing.

Genji brought his blade out and deflected the bullets back at him
"Heh...Come on.."

"BASTIONS DOWN LET'S MOVE IT"
76 said.

I healed my teammates and moved on.

"Omnics Sighted...." 76 said as he took a peek around the corner.

"We must be quiet...we don't want to draw any attentions" I whispered.

"COME HERE YOU BASTARDS!!" Reinhardt yelled as he charged into battle.

Then ended up knocked by the omnics.

I face palmed myself....

"I need to go in and revive him will you cover me..." I said.

"Of course Dr.Ziegler..." Genji said bringing out his shirrkuens
"Let's move soldiers" 76 said sprinting.

I began to revive Reinhardt as Genji and 76 covered me but I knew we wouldn't have much time left....

Genji P.O.V
"Listen kid...." 76 said using his pulse rifle to take out omnics one after the other.

"I don't know what your relationship is with Angela...but just remember..." He looked me dead in the eye.

"She's my family.... and I won't let you hurt her again..." 76 said.

I was scared for a second.

"To me she's more than my family... and I would protect her if it even costed my life... I owe her my life..." I said.

"Duck..."

"Excuse me.."

Bang!!
Something hard hit my head

"Oww.....I need healing" I said hitting the floor.

76 crouched down on the floor
"You know...for someone who wants to protect someone else you sure are bad at protecting yourself " He said standing up. "Let's get moving guys"

"Genji!!" Dr.Ziegler said.
"Are you ok!!"
"Ahh..yes" I said.
"I know 76 can be aggresive.. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE MORE CAREFUL!!"
"Well just seeing you here already makes me feel better.." I said.

........

Shit did I actually just say that...

76 turned around to look at me
I could feel his hatred...

"Aww...Genji that's so nice of you to say!!" Dr. Ziegler said.

"Yeah...." 76 said wringing his arm around my neck "augh!!" smiling..

For an old man he can be very strong!!

"How nice of you...." He said.
"Help ...me..." I managed to choke out.
When they went up ahead... he released me.

"I'm watching you green fuckboi"
"You too!! Boyscouts!!"