Unexpected Marriage

Mercy's P.O.V.

I rushed back to the party, where everyone was laughing and having a great time.

"Oh!! Hiya love!! We were about to give our presents to Genji!!" Tracer said carrying a present in her hand.

"Presents!! Oh, of course!! They're on the table, I'll go get it!!" I walk over to the table searching for it as I was lost in my thoughts.

Jack was going to propose to me!! What was I going to say!! I couldn't say no, that would break his heart!!

"Angela!!"
Jack came in the door as he ducked under the streamers on the ceilings.

"What's going on here?"
I gulped, "uh... you know just having a welcome party for Genji...!!"

"I see..." he says brushing his fingers on a stack of paper. "I would've liked it if you consulted me first..."

He shakes his head "Anyways... I need to ask you something..."

I tensed up, was he going to ask me now?! Right here!!

"Will you-"
"CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!!"

Me and 76 looked up front to see Reinhardt's voice booming in the room.

"I have something to say, that I've kept in the bottom of my heart!! But I can not keep it down there anymore!!"

He looked at Ana who was standing next to him. "Ana Amari!!"

He gets on one knee and says "Will you make me the happiest man in the world and..."

The crusader takes out the ring... the same ring Jack was holding!!

"And marry me..."

My jaw drops, but Jack only chuckled behind me.

Ana cries "YES!!"

And they hug each other as everyone else cheers in unison.

I was stunned, so the ring wasn't for me or Jack!! It was for Reinhardt and Ana all along!!

"Wow... that guy finally had the nerve to ask her to marry him..." Jack snorted. He looks at me "Why are you so stunned?"

"W-What do you mean?"

He laughs "You didn't really think that I wouldn't see you peeping in on my phone conversation?"

I gasp "You saw me!!"

"Yeah... you're really bad at sneaking up on people..."

I rubbed my arm "Well... to be quote honest... I thought the ring was for me.." I laughed nervously.

But Jack gasps "Eh? WAIT!! YOU THOUGHT I WAS PORPOSING TO YOU!!" His face started to turn red.

"Well!! The way you said it... seemed like that..." I said nervously.

He groans "Angela!! The ring was delivered here in Overwatch, Reinhardt told me to hold onto it because he didn't want Ana finding out!!"

My face flushes "oh.."

"Wait... if you weren't asking me to marry you, what were you going to ask?"

He sighs handing me a stack of paper "Will you make some copies of the documents for the next mission..."

My face flushes "O-Oh...."

Jack laughs and pats my head "If I wanted to marry you I would've told you already..." then turns back to leave.

I can feel my face redden more.
"O-Oh.."

Genji's P.O.V.

"So when's the wedding?" Hana asked Ana. I leaned against the wall as everybody started congratulating the engaged couple.

"Well.... I don't want it to get in the way with our missions.. so probably as soon as possible!!" Ana says.

"Ooohhhh!!! Can I plan it!! I want to make the dress!! OH!! I'LL MAKE IT PINK!! KAWAII~" Hana looks at me.

"Genji!! You want to be my model for the dress!!"
"Nani!! JUST WAIT A SECOND!!"

"Stop getting ahead of yourselves!! The dress has to be white of course!!" Pharah responds. "And as much as I want to see Genji in a dress, his size is way different from my mom's"

"So Ana... where do you want hold the wedding anyways?" Jack says appearing from the doorway with Angela by his side.

"Uhh... maybe here?" She shrugs.
"I WANT IT TO BE THE BEST PARTY EVER!!" Reinhardt yells then he turns to Fareeha "I'm counting on you to make it the best!!"

She smiles, are those tears in her eyes? "I won't let you be disapppinted!!"

Angela walks over to me "So how do you like your welcome party"

I chuckled "I love it... thank you Dr-"
I hesitated then said
"Angela... Thank you Angela"

Then she smiles.

Everybody continued to laugh and chatted with one another as drinks with one another. And it seemed as if the joy in my heart had determined.

This was my home