Battle of New Orleans (Kat and Klaus' POV)

Kat

My name is Katherine Pierce, formerly Katerina Petrova, and I am human, formerly a 500 year old vampiress. I have been reunited with my daughter, Nadia Petrova. I have come to New Orleans to get Sophie to reverse and stop the side effects of the cure for vampirism that my doppelganger shoved down my throat. I probably deserve it for everything I've done to her loved ones, though. Davina did as I asked half an hour ago, since I found out that Sophie's dead because of Celeste. Celeste is dead because of Elijah. Now I'm on my way to see Hayley and the Originals, excluding Rebekah. Davina told me what I missed, which is a lot. I should've come here sooner.

As I walk down streets in search of them, I hear Hayley screaming. I follow her screams to Father Kieran's church and walk inside.

"Get away from her," I say, realizing what these witches are planning to do.

They look at me.

I use my Traveler magic to throw them away from her. Klaus may have done horrible things, but his child and Hayley don't deserve to be killed. Hayley's suffered enough and the baby is innocent. Besides, I've been pregnant and I know what it's like to have your child taken from you.

I look at the wolf.

"Hayley, push."

I look at the witches.

"I really should kill you right here and right now, but I'm going to leave that to Klaus and Hayley, since it's their child. Now get out while you still can."

I watch them leave, knowing who I am and what I'm capable of. I then turn to Hayley and kneel beside her where she'd lying on the floor, before instructing her on what to do.

When the child was born and cleaned up and wrapped in a blanket, I help Hayley site up.

"It's a girl," I inform her, before giving her the child.

"Thank you. How did you know?"

"I was pregnant before I met any of the Originals. I too had a daughter. We were recently reunited. She's a vampire. Her name's Nadia. I left her in Mystic Falls to help everyone there and keep her safe. If anyone found out, my enemies would use her to get to me. I can't let that happen. Come on. We need to get you two somewhere safe."

I help her to her feet and Hayley follows me at my side.

"Where are we going?" she asks me.

"To Davina. She'll protect you two. She owes me one. I'm going to make sure nothing happens to Elijah or Klaus."

When they're with Davina, I go in search of Klaus and Elijah. It doesn't take long to find the hybrid I ran from for 500 years, since he's staggering through the street. He looks weak, which makes me think that a witch weakened him somehow.

I slowly approach, knowing what he's capable of. And as I get closer, I see that he's hurt and not healing. This makes me wary, knowing he's most likely hungry and I'm human.

Klaus

I stagger through the street after finding out what Genevieve did to me without my knowledge. Now, in my weakened state, I'm hungry. And as the minutes pass, I feel even more weak. Then my vision blurs and I find myself on the ground. I realize that no matter how much I want to save Hayley and our daughter, I can't. Genevieve was right. I'm too weak to be of use to anyone right now. As I lay on the ground, I hear someone running, but I don't care. I then close my eyes, hoping to stop the blurriness. I'm too weak to fight anymore.