Originals/VD: Red Door (4th Revised Version; Kalijah and Klayley)

Summary: Set in "Red Door." What if Esther captured Hayley, instead of Elijah? What if haylijah didn't exist in Originals? What if Kat came back to life? Will kalijah become once more?

It was a beautiful day in New Orleans. Klaus had been on the hunt all day, looking for Mikael. He was currently in the Bayou, taking down the last of the humans Mikael had compelled. Because he'd been busy with Mikael, he'd failed to realize that Hayley had been captured by Esther.

Klaus killed the last human, not wasting time. Then a very familiar scent came to him.

He gave a growl, not wanting to deal with her if she was going to cause trouble. He had enough to deal with without an apparent resurrected doppelganger in the fold. He didn't wish Elijah to find out that he and Rebekah hadn't told him about her dying human, so he decided to take a few minutes to make sure, for Elijah's sake, that she'd be okay.

After escaping Kai's prison world, injured, she saw that she was in the New Orleans bayou. Everything was blurry from blood loss, though. She knew she needed help, but she was too injured to move. She was too weak and tired to do much but to wait for either a rescue, or to die.

When the hybrid came upon her, he saw an ascendant, telling him how she was alive. He also saw that her condition wasn't good. He could hear her slow heart and shallow breathing.

He blurred towards and knelt by her.

"Katerina, can you hear me?"

After a few minutes of no answer, he debated on it, knowing that last time, she couldn't digest blood. Then, he finally decided to take the chance. He slid an arm under her, crook of arm supporting her head, and sat her against him, her head against his shoulder. He then bit his wrist and positioned her head gently back, before putting it to her lips, making his blood go down her throat.

"Come on, Katerina, luv," he called to her. "Drink. Open your eyes, sweetheart."

Although, he knew he'd done damage to her in the past centuries and years, he never would've injured her. Especially, to near death like this. He didn't care to see her this way.

"Open your eyes, Katerina," he called to her once more. Then, finally, he saw her beginning to drink on her own, about twenty minutes later. "That a girl," he commented.

"Klaus?" she weakly questioned, when he took his wrist away, when her wounds had healed.

He put a hand on her arm, getting her up, as he got to his.

"You're welcome. Now, if you can make it to the compound, you're welcome to stay there. I have more pressing matters. I need to go find and kill my father again."

"I would think Elijah would be coming with you for that, if he's back. Why isn't he?"

"He's helping to devise a plan against our mother, who has also resurrected herself," he informed her.

"I'm weak, but maybe I can help you. I may not be able to exactly fight, but I'd be a pretty good distraction for your father," she suggested.

"Thank you for the suggestion, Katerina, but my father has lost is mind considerably more than the last time he was alive, so I think I'll pass," he replied.

"Is this because of Elijah? I know he won't like it, but if you're fighting him alone, you need some kind of backup," she guessed, and then insisted. Despite the last time Mikael had been alive, she didn't wish for Klaus to possibly end up being killed by Mikael. She didn't hate him anymore, and she hoped it was the same for him.