Only One

Summary: Based on Alex Band's song "Only One." Set in Originals 1x5 after Elijah was undaggered and brought back home. However, we're going to pretend for the sake of this one that there's no pregnant Hayley involved in Originals. Vampire Kat comes to New Orleans, because she needs to be saved. She knows Elijah is the only one that can convince Klaus without having to give anything up, so she decides to go to him for help.

*American Gothic-Bitten*

My eyes are painted red

The canvas of my soul,

Slowly breaking down, again

Today I heard the news

The stories getting old

When will we see the end?

Of the days, we bleed for what we need

To forgive, forget, move on

It was a dismal night, as a vampire Katherine walked through the woods, alone. Elijah had recently left, though she'd tried to show him that he could trust her, handing the cure over to him. However, he'd told her goodbye a week ago, and had left to go follow Klaus to New Orleans. He was too loyal to Klaus to ever choose her over his family. 

She stopped in her tracks, suddenly smelling the scent of werewolf nearby. Then she saw the creature. It wasn't just a werewolf, though. She knew him from the two different colored yes. It was Axel.

She was ready to blur off to escape, but he was too quick. He lunged at her, pinning her to the ground, and bit into and scratched her, though she tried to get him off her. However, from being bitten, she had werewolf venom in her veins, so it was pretty hard to get her enemy off. Eventually though, she was able to break the necklace around his neck, smashing it, and was able to kill him.

*New Orleans-Sinners and Saints (1x5)*

Cause we've got

One life to live

One love to give

One chance to keep from falling

One heart to break

One soul to take us

Not for sake us,

Only one

Only one

It was a dark night, that same night of being attacked and bitten a bunch by Axel, as she staggered through the French Quarter, finally getting out of Mystic Falls. She was heading for the plantation house, knowing she had to get to Elijah for help. He was the only one that could get her cured without having to give anything up. Since it had only been a week since Elijah and Klaus had left, she assumed that they wouldn't be living at the compound yet, so she assumed it would be some other place close to home. That meant Marcel's old home when he'd been a boy. Back in the day, she'd made her business to know all she could about the vampire Klaus had turned, so she knew about his earlier days. She knew about the compound, but she'd never visited, even though she knew where it was. And though she'd made her business to know all she could about Marcel, she'd never wanted to meet him. 

The writting's on the wall

Those who came before