The Storm Before The Peace (Kalijah)

Summary: Set in Originals S5. After Kat escapes a prison world, she helps them with the loss of Hayley. When she gets injured from the explosion, will she be okay? If so, will she and Elijah get back together? What will ensue?

It was a dismal night, as a human Kat walked through the streets of New Orleans, having escaped a prison world. She was glad to be here, because it was easier to find the Mikaelsons. She wasn't too thrilled at seeing Marcel, but she hoped he'd play nice. She knew all the Mikaelsons, apart from Rebekah and Kol of course, were in New Orleans. She also knew of Elijah's memory loss and the loss of Hayley. She knew she had to help them all, whether she was human or not.

After a while of looking for them, she found Klaus and Hope arguing in what she assumed to be Hope's room.

"You can both stop arguing over what ifs," she told them, making them turn and look at her. Then when she saw Klaus' angry face, she assured him, "I'm here to help all of you. I know you both lost Hayley, just as the two of us have lost Elijah. We both know he wouldn't let anyone die when he has his memories. We need to put your family back together." She looked at Hope. "I'm sorry. I never wished something to happen to someone's mother. Especially, not yours. Unlike others, I'd never make a child lose their parents. You could say that I have a heart for children. Your dad never knew this until now, but I had a daughter before I met any vampires. And don't worry. We'll punish those that have caused you and your family pain."

"Why would you help? What's in it for you, other than Elijah?" Klaus asked, suspicious.

"I'm not asking for anything in return. I just want to reunite your family. That, and you could use the help with Hope. She's not a child anymore, but you know she needs someone that knows what they're doing. I may have forgiven you ten years ago, but you still slaughtered my mother. I could care less about my father, but like your own daughter, I was close to my mother. I know the feeling that Hope does, but I can also teach her control. Something you can't always do. Before Nadia, my daughter, died from Tyler's bite ten years ago, she taught me that I'm descended from Travelers. You and I both have trust issues, but you're gonna have to trust me. Are you ready to set aside 500 years of vengeance to save your family?" she replied.

After she told him the parts he hadn't known before, he was silent. He wanted to keep hating her, but he couldn't deny that she was right.

"Very well then, Katerina," he said. Then he told Hope, "Hope, meet Katherine. She's going to be staying with us for a while."

"The first thing I want is to bring back Elijah's memories. We need to find him, but there's something you don't know. I need you to keep a leash on Marcel if you can. We were allies, but I broke a couple of his rules. Please, Klaus," she replied.

"You find Elijah. I'll see about keeping Marcel in line," he told her. He wasn't going to let Katerina be taken by Marcel, no matter what. He knew what it was like to have Marcel as both an allie and enemy. He could only imagine what Marcel would do to a human Katerina.

"Thank you, Klaus. You won't regret this," she replied, before leaving to go find her ex.

Klaus was astonished at her thanking him, but got over it, telling Hope to stay put.

Half an hour later, Kat walked towards the cell Elijah was in. She saw that he wasn't alone though, so she assumed her to be Antoinette. On her way, she'd asked Klaus to fill her in, which was how she knew where to find him. She also knew about the werewolf bite Klaus had given her.