Apologize

*England 1492, Cabin*

I'm holdin' on your rope

Got me ten feet off the ground

And I'm hearin' what you say

But I just can't make a sound

You tell me that you need me

Then you go and cut me down

While Rose and Elijah were arguing, Katerina Petrova, seeing no way out but death, and seeing that there was a rope hanging from the ceiling, hung herself by length of rope.

Rose and Elijah looked to see what she had done, which stopped them arguing.

But wait...

You tell me that you're sorry

When Katerina woke up, she saw that she was on the bed with Elijah standing over her, and sat up in bed, realizing that she was in transition to become a vampire.

"Why'd you do it? I would've helped you escape."

"No. You would've helped me run and that wouldn't have been enough," she replied.

They got to their feet and Rose tried to kill her with a stake, but she put the old woman who owned the cabin, in front of her which resulted in Rose accidentally staking the woman.

"Don't you see? She used your love for her against you," Rose said.

"I'm sorry. Forgive me," Katerina said to him, before feeding from the woman. Then she through the woman's body at Rose and fled from the cabin at vamp speed.

*Pennsylvania, 2013/2014*

Didn't think I'd turn around

And say...

That it's too late to apologize

It's too late...

I said it's too late to apologize

It's too late, too late, oh, oh

Katherine Pierce snapped Elena's neck from behind and looked at Elijah.

"Sorry, I got held up."

"You killed Jeremy Gilbert."

"Yes, Elijah, I killed Jeremy Gilbert, a bombshell I'm sure she just couldn't wait to drop on you. Ironic, since she supposedly doesn't care about anything."

"Well, I care. Do you honestly feel nothing for this girl, a girl fated to live the same life that you've endured? And now you've just taken away the last of her family, just as yours was taken away from you."

"Uh, why are you looking at me like I enjoyed it?" she questioned, and then he started walking away. She followed him. "Jeremy was collateral damage. I was doing what I had to do to survive."

He stopped and looked at her.

"Is that what I am to you? A means of survival?"

"No. Of course, you're not a means of survival. You looked out for me when I had no one. You've given me a second chance now, when no one else will. I love you. Elijah." He pulled his face away and she put her hands down. "You don't believe me."