All I Need (Kalijah)

*American Gothic*

I'm dying to catch my breath

Oh, why don't I ever learn?

I've lost all my trust, though I've surely tried to turn it around

It was a dismal night, as she stood in front of him.

"What do you want?" he asked in an irritated tone.

"To tell you that you're right. I've spent so much time running and lying just to survive, I don't—I'm starting to believe my own lies. I don't even remember who I was when we first met. And I want to find out."

He was speechless, not knowing what to say to that, until she brought something out from her purse.

"You have the cure," he stated.

"Yes, and I can shove this down Klaus' throat and try to kill him, but even if I managed to do it, I'd lose you. And I don't want that to happen." She set it in his hand and then closed his hand, and let his hand go. "You don't owe me anything. I'm going to let you decide where we go from here."

He was silent, as she walked away from him.

Can you still see the heart of me?

All my agony fades away

When you hold me in your embrace

Don't tear me down for all I need

Make my heart a better place

Give me something I can believe

Don't tear me down

You've opened the door now, don't let it close

It was a beautiful day in a Pennsylvania alley, as she watched him walk away from her, after seeing that she had lied to him.

*Dead Man On Campus*

I'm here on the edge again

I wish I could let it go

I know that I'm only one step away from turning it around

Can you still see the heart of me?

All my agony fades away

When you hold me in your embrace

Don't tear me down for all I need

Make my heart a better place

Give me something I can believe

It was a dismal night, as she stood on the clock tower that overlooked the Mystic Falls town square. She was dying of old age and didn't want the pain of dying. She wanted to rather die instantly than to die slowly, and she was Katherine Pierce. Katherine Pierce always got what she wanted.

She closed her eyes, back facing the ledge, ready to jump off the clock tower.

Suddenly, she stopped, something telling her to stop and to not do it. Katherine always listened to that feeling and voice, which right now, sounded a lot like her long-dead mother. She never shown it or admitted it to anyone, but even after 500 years, whether she was a human or vampire, she missed her mother. She'd always been close to her. Maybe that's why most of the time it sounded like her mother, and the rest of the time the voice sounded like Elijah. They were the only people in her life she was ever close to, so it made sense.