Control and Forgiveness (Kalijah)

Summary: Set in Legacies S2. After Kat escapes a prison world and ends up in Mystic Falls, she goes to Hope. They're both grieving for the Mikaelsons, but also both need help with controlling their magic. Kat more so than Hope. Since Elijah has always been her anchor for control, can Hope bring Elijah back before Kat accidentally ruins Mystic Falls with her active Traveler magic? If so, can Elijah help her? Will they get back together? Can Kat help Hope with control? What will ensue?

It was a dismal night, as Kat walked through Mystic Falls. She was human again. She'd just escaped a prison world. She knew what had happened to the Originals, though. She also knew that she had to find Hope. She herself was in emotional pain like Hope, but she knew she had to try and get past it. She knew Hope was better now, but she was still hurting a lot. Right now, Hope was going through the same thing as Katherine. It had taken most of her vampire life to heal from losing her mother. Now, Katherine was going through the same thing, but worse. She'd lost Damon and Elijah both. She'd also lost Klaus, though Klaus was her enemy and then she'd forgiven him. It had taken 500 plus years, but she'd forgiven him. Now, knowing he was gone, it hurt. She missed him. Rebekah, too. She was glad that Kol was still alive, though. She knew she'd always miss them, Damon and Elijah and Klaus and Rebekah the most, but she also knew that she'd eventually heal.

When she got to the trees that outlined the woods, she saw the boarding house that had been turned into a school for Hope and the others. She was taking it slow, knowing that Alaric would probably hate her being at the school. That, and because she had active magic she was trying to learn to control. Despite how much she knew he still hated her, she didn't want to accidentally hurt him. She didn't want to hurt anyone. Now that she was a human, she cared about others more.

After a few minutes, she began to make her way towards the boarding school. She was here to help both Hope and herself. Even if others didn't want her to. Like Ric.

When she got to the front door, she entered. Then she went in search of Hope, staying as low profile as she could, not wanting to be noticed by anyone except for Hope.

"You're a new face. Can I help you with anything?" someone greeted, which made Kat stop in her tracks. Then, looking at her, she realized she was one of Alaric's girls. Her old self would've demanded for her to tell her where Hope was, but she knew being human meant not being her vampire self.

"Actually, you can. I'm looking for Hope. I knew nearly her whole family," Kat informed her, being nice because she didn't want Caroline to be after her for anything, but also because Jose was being kind to her. But then again, being a vampire for 500 years and coming back as a human made her look like their age.

"I'll take you to her," Jose replied, not knowing who she was, but trusting that she was probably a friend of the Mikaelsons.

Kat walked next to her, as she led her to the lounge area. Then they both stopped a distance away, seeing her on the couch.

"Thanks," Kat said, before going over and sitting next to Hope on the couch.

Hope looked at her, but before she could say anything, Kat told her, "Nice to meet you, Hope. I'm Katherine Pierce. Like your dad, I changed for the better. I'm not the bad guy anymore."

"What are you doing here?" Hope asked her.

"I want to help you. I know what it's like to lose your family. Your dad took my human family away from me. I miss your family, too. Klaus could be a pain, but I forgave him years ago. And Elijah? He may have left and had fallen for your mother, but I know he would always love me. We were off and on throughout the years. He always tried to keep me safe. Not just from Klaus. Other enemies, too. We'd die for each other. As for Rebekah, well, she despised me, but only for being able to escape your dad. She wanted to be free. I didn't hate her, though. She went through a lot with your dad. I felt sorry for her. If I had been there, I would've done anything to save them, but I know it's too late. It's not too late for you, though. I know you have trouble being in control. You're learning, but it's going to take time. However, if we help each other, we can both learn control. Before I died, I had Traveler magic. Being in that prison world, I learned how to make it active. I just haven't learned how to control it, really. Elijah was my anchor, but he's gone. There's always a way to bring back the dead, but I can't with my magic out of control."

After Katherine told her all of that, Hope decided to take a chance.

"Then let's help each other," Hope replied.

Kat gave a smile at that.

"Let's."

"I know where we can go," Hope announced to her. Then they both got up and Kat followed her, trusting her.

When Hope reached the woods with Katherine, they stopped after about twenty minutes.

"This should be a safe place. It's far enough from the school," Hope informed.

A moment later, without the former vampiress meaning to, magic swept through the woods.

Kat looked at her.

"I don't know how bad this will be. I think you should go. If it gets bad enough, you're going to have to unbury Elijah and bring him back." She then told her what she would need, how to bring him back, and the spell she had to use.

Hope left, knowing what she had to do. She had to bring Elijah back, because Katherine was starting a storm without wanting to. She didn't have any control without Elijah.

As Kat continued to stand in the woods, the storm continued. She tried with everything she had to stop causing this, but no matter what, she couldn't. She was just too upset over losing everyone she ever loved. Her emotions out of control was causing the storm. She couldn't control her magic, though. She needed help. She needed Hope to bring back Elijah. Otherwise, she was going to hurt whoever was outside in this storm.

When Elijah woke up, having been brought back by Hope, and after she told him why, he didn't waste time to find his Katerina. He loved Hayley, but he'd always love Katerina. It didn't matter what had happened. He would always come to her rescue. And now was one of those times. She desperately needed him. They were each other's anchors. With the loss of those she loved and cared about, it had caused her to be out of control. Without him, her out of control magic would be hard to put to rest. He had to do what he did best. Find her and help her in his own way.

After searching for her in the storm, he found her after about twenty minutes.

"Katerina," he greeted. He didn't yell or raise his voice, but she still heard him.

Kat looked to see him after hearing his familiar voice. Seeing him, she knew that Hope had succeeded.

"Elijah," she said back. Then, a moment later, when he stood right in front of her, she added, "Hope did it. You're back."

"I'm here, Katerina," he assured her.

She hugged him, which he did likewise, and closed her eyes. Just knowing he was back, meaning that he'd never leave her again, calmed her. After all, she knew he would never intentionally leave her forever. Since him being alive calmed her, the storm and her out of control magic stopped.

They pulled away and she gave a smile, happy to have her anchor back.

"Thank you. You've always been there for me. I don't know what I'd do if Hope couldn't bring you back."

"You're welcome," he replied, surprised at her sudden manners, but didn't show it. She truly had changed like Hope had told him. "I'll always be here, no matter what," he added.

They gave one another a smile.

A month later, after she and Elijah had made things work, they got back together. They even moved back to New Orleans, which Hope followed. Hope even found a way to bring Klaus back and destroy The Hollow, which Kat helped with. So, after everything was said and done, the Mikaelson family, apart from Rebekah, was whole again. Hope even was able to learn how to control her magic, as did Kat. Thus, their lives were put back together, making their lives as happy as they could be.