Family Matters

It was a beautiful day in New Orleans, as Katherine and Nadia headed towards the Bayou to check on Hayley, before letting the Originals or anyone else know they were here. It was Katherine's idea, since she didn't want to have a confrontation with Klaus or Rebekah right off the bat. Plus, a source had told her that Hayley was going to have a "miracle baby."

When they heard explosion after explosion, they ran, Nadia keeping pace with her mother.

When she saw the damage, she spoke to Nadia.

"Nadia, get the wolves to Father Kieran's church. They'll be safer there. Find the cure for Wolfsbane after they're safe."

When she saw Hayley on the ground, she ran towards her.

Nadia did as she was told.

Kat knelt down by the she-wolf and gently patted her left cheek.

"Hayley, wake up. Come on. Wake up."

When she slowly came to, Kat stopped.

Hayley looked up at her.

"Katherine?"

"It's me."

She helped the wolf to her feet.

"Can you make it to the church? I'll be behind you as soon as I can. My daughter, Nadia, is with the pack at the church."

"I'll be fine."

Hayley left, as Kat looked around and tried to figure out why someone would do this to an entire pack of wolves. If they wanted to target Hayley or hurt Klaus, surely they'd do it a different way than this.

She looked around and saw a few dead wolves. Then she saw someone when she turned around. He was lying by some fallen trees, so she swallowed her fear of him so she could help him if he needed her help.

She ran towards and knelt by him.

"Klaus?"

She looked down at him and saw that he'd gotten wolfsbaned on his lower stomach from one of the explosions. He must've heard what was happening and had come to make sure Hayley or the child hadn't gotten hurt.

"Katerina?" he questioned, and then opened his eyes to look up at her.

"It's me. I'll explain later."

"Hayley."

"She and the child are okay. Right now, you need to get to the church where the others are."

She got to her feet and was going to help him, but he got to his feet without help and seemed okay at least.

"Meet you there," he said, before walking slowly away, because of the pain he was enduring from the wolfsbane.

When he disappeared from her sight, she started the way he had gone, when another explosion erupted. It hit her and then everything went black.

After the cure for wolfsbane had been found and given to those in need of the cure, Hayley wanted to go back to make sure Katherine was okay.

"Relax, luv. She's always a survivor. If it makes you feel better though, I'll make sure she made it out of that mess," Klaus said. "You stay here."

"Thanks, Klaus."

She watched him leave, before helping Nadia with the injured that hadn't been wolfsbaned.