Love Once More (Kalijah)

Summary: Set in Originals future S5, but Rebekah's still a vampire and neither Klaus, nor Elijah died. When Kat escapes the only prison world left that Kai's in, injured, which lands her in New Orleans, can she be saved when Rebekah finds her? Will Freya and Rebekah be able to save her life? What will ensue between Kat and Elijah? Will they ever get back together again?

It was a dismal night, as a human Kat lay on the ground, injured, having just escaped a prison world. She realized she wasn't in Mystic Falls. In fact, she was in one of the places she didn't want to be. At least, not as a human. She didn't know if Klaus still saw her as an enemy, but she knew Marcel did. She'd broken his rule of not killing vampires when she'd been a vampire, trying to force him to let the witches do magic. She didn't want them powerless or controlled. Especially, Sophie Deveraux. They'd been friends for a while, after all.

As she lay there, she could still feel her injuries. She'd been bitten on the shoulder by Kai, had been stabbed with a dagger, and could feel blood on the left side of her head. She knew she'd lost a lot of blood. She also assumed that she probably had a concussion, too.

Suddenly, as everything began to go black, she saw a familiar face. An Original that wasn't her biggest fan.

"Katherine?" the Original questioned, obviously shocked to see her alive.

Rebekah had been walking through the streets of New Orleans, heading home, when she saw a familiar doppelganger on her back on the ground. She smelled blood too, so she approached the desolate area she was in. That's when she saw her injuries and an ascendant by her.

"Katherine?"

After a few minutes of debating, she knelt down by her. She couldn't feed her vampire blood, considering the last time the doppelganger had been human, but she also couldn't let her die. Katherine was the only person Elijah loved. Letting her die would be like killing her. She wouldn't do that to Elijah.

She rested a hand on the right side of her face.

"Katherine, I need you to stay awake. Stay with me," she called, knowing she had to with the injuries she had. She then took her own jacket off and used it to apply pressure to her lower stomach wound. She didn't have anything else to help the human, though. "Katherine, I need you to fight long enough to get to the compound," she then instructed. "I'm gonna help you," she added, before helping her to her feet, an arm around her, a hand on her jacket, keeping pressure on it. Then, using her body weight to hold her up, she headed to the compound.

When she got home, the human was barely awake. She could hear her breathing, slowing, too.

"Freya!"

A moment later, she saw her noble brother at the top of the stairs.

"Katerina," he stated, before blurring over to them. He then gently picked her up, taking her from his younger sister.

"Get her on the table," Rebekah instructed. She then disappeared to get what she needed.

A few minutes later, Freya rushed down the stairs. She then saw the scene. Seeing Katherine human and injured on the table, she didn't hesitate to start healing her wounds. Then, when Rebekah came back with what she needed, Freya asked, "What happened?"

"All I know is I found her injured and an ascendant by her. My guess is she escaped a prison world."

"She's lucky then," Freya replied, as she healed her wounds.

While Rebekah took care of restoring the blood she'd lost, Elijah stood back, since he couldn't do much right now. All he could do was hope that his Katerina would be okay. Sure, he'd left her, but that didn't mean he didn't still love and care about her. He always would. Even if they both had other people they loved, their 500 sum year old love would never disappear. They would always love each other. They'd even die for each other if they had to.

Kat woke up to find herself at the compound, Elijah seated on her bedside. She assumed from the design and from him seated there, she was in his room. She noticed that she wasn't dying, nor was she injured anymore. That made her assume that Freya had succeeded in finding her family and had healed her, considering she knew they wouldn't chance her not being able to digest vampire blood like the first time around. She hadn't been able to digest it after she'd been turned into a human from the cure.

She slowly sat up in bed.

"Thanks for watching over me, but I think I'll be okay now. You can thank Rebekah for me. I'm pretty sure I would've died again if she hadn't found me."

"You're welcome. What happened, Katerina?" he replied, wanting and needing to know.

"Well, I assume Rebekah and Klaus didn't tell you about what happened. I don't know how long I was in that prison world, but when I died last time, I ended up there. I assume it's been a few years or so since I died, though. When you left me to follow Klaus here, I was angry and thought Elena had said something to you that made you see who I really was as a vampire. Because I needed to take it out on someone, I took it out on Elena, resulting in her shoving the cure down my throat. After a few turn of events, Silas drank the cure out of me and I eventually died of old age. Not before I was reunited with my long-lost daughter my father tore away from me, though. When I was reunited with her, I finally understood what it meant to want to protect your family. I'm not mad at you for leaving anymore," she answered and confessed to him.

"Where is she now?" he wanted to know, assuming she'd left something out.

"She died of Tyler's werewolf bite. I respected her wish, despite the fact that I could have just asked for the cure. She wanted me to just be happy. She didn't want me to have to give anything up just to save her. She looked for me for her entire vampire life. She knew how horrible Klaus can be, even though I had hoped that he'd change like I did when I got to know my daughter."

"I'm sorry for your loss, Katerina. Yes, his daughter changed him, as well. I'm happy that you're alive and well now," he replied.

"So, where do we go from here?" she asked him.

"You could always stay here. You don't have anything to fear from Klaus, anymore. Besides, I never fell out of love with you. I just felt that I couldn't have you coming with me. I didn't want anything to happen to you," he replied.

She gave a smile at that.

After a moment of looking at each other, they began to make out. And so, in the end, they got back together. She even stayed in New Orleans with them all.