Down (Kalijah)

*Monster's Ball*

I don't know where I'm at

I'm standing out the back

And I'm tired of waiting

Waiting here in line

Hoping that I'll fine

What I've been chasing

It was a nebulous night in an alley, as she stood not far from the vampiress after finding her after she'd grazed the vampire's heart that day, thinking she was the enemy.

"Who are you?" Katherine asked her.

"My name is Nadia Petrova and you are my mother," she said.

Katherine looked at her silently, shocked that somehow, fate had intervened and brought her daughter back to her.

*I Know What You Did Last Summer*

I shot for the sky

I'm suck on the ground

So why do I try?

I know I'm gonna fall down

I thought I could fly?

So why did I drown?

It was a dismal night, as Katherine sat in the driver's seat, injured after the car crashing into a streetlight pole. She'd been trying to get away from Mystic Falls so that Silas couldn't get to her, but had managed to crash a car that she'd stolen from a road.

Meanwhile, Elijah Mikaelson had just arrived back in town to check up on his Katerina. He'd ignored several of her calls this summer and recently, not wanting to speak to her or see her. She hadn't left any messages, but now that she hadn't been answering her phone when he called back, he was worried and had the feeling that something had or was about to happen. If something ever happened to her after he'd left her to fend for herself, he'd never forgive himself. She was his world and he loved her for who she was, no matter what. If she died while he was in New Orleans, he didn't know what pieces of him would still be intact, if any would be left. It would shatter him into a million pieces if she were dead. Despite everything she'd done, he loved her. He loved both the good and bad parts of her, just as she did with him.

Half an hour later, once on a desolate street, he saw a wrecked car that had crashed into a street light pole. He saw that there was still someone inside, but not moving. Due to smelling the mixed scents of human, blood, and Katerina, he knew who it was.

No, he thought to himself.

He vamp-sped to the driver's side and forced the crinkled, dented, and jammed door open. He assessed her condition with his eyes and saw that there was blood on either side of her head, some scrapes and scratches, and her lower stomach was bleeding from a shard of glass protruding from it. He pulled the shard of glass out and tossed it on the floorboard, before gently resting his hands on either side of her head.

"Katerina, can you hear me?" he called to her, not knowing how she was human or if she could digest vampire blood.

Hearing a familiar voice through the darkness that surrounded her, she fought against the darkness and when she woke up a few minutes later, she was met with Elijah's worried face.