Always and Forever (3rd revised version)

A/N: Got this idea from reading a fic where Kat gets pregnant with Elijah's child.

It was a beautiful day in New Orleans, as Katherine Pierce arrived in New Orleans to visit the Originals; mostly Elijah Mikaelson. She was well prepared, since she had asked some sources of hers what was going on in New Orleans, before actually entering the town. She didn't want to be caught off guard or get caught by someone or something for being in New Orleans after less than 100 years. Less than 100 years ago, she had been in New Orleans, but it had been different back then. It had been under construction; the aftermath of Mikael's wrath. So far, she was able to find out that Hayley Marshall, the wolf she had tried to kill once, was pregnant with Klaus' spawn. It didn't make her happy that it was Klaus' child, but she was glad it wasn't Elijah's, or she'd be royally peeved off. She also knew that all three Originals were living back at the compound now.

Once she had parked her SUV in front of the compound, she turned her car off and got out, before going to the door and knocking. There was definitely more than a few vampires here right now. She sensed a whole bunch of vampires and one wolf. That wolf had to be Hayley. She was the only wolf allowed in the French Quarter. Someday though, Kat was going to change that. She didn't care who was King of the French Quarter. The wolves had the right to live at peace in the French Quarter; not be banished for the rest of their life out in the Bayou.

As soon as he opened the door, she had to swallow her pride and keep him from sensing her ever present fear of him.

"Katerina. What an unpleasant surprise. I'm afraid you've come at the wrong time. Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

He started to close it, but she stopped him with a hand.

"I didn't come to see you, Klaus. Besides, I can always get someone else that owns this place to invite me in," she threatened. "Please, Klaus."

"No. Good-bye, Katerina."

"Let her in, Klaus," Hayley said from where she stood at the bottom of the stairs, realizing what was going on. "Don't be so rude. She came here all the way from who knows where. You can at least let her in."

"Fine," Klaus said irritatingly.

He opened the door.

"Come in," Hayley invited her.

Klaus stepped aside and Kat walked inside, leaving Klaus to close the door himself.

Kat looked at the wolf.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. What are you doing here?" she said.

"For one, I came to see if it was true, which looks like it is. Two, I came to see Elijah, since Klaus has a habit of daggering his siblings."

"Well, it's true, so you can go find Elijah. Our home is yours as long as you need a place to stay.

"Thank you, Hayley," she said.

Half way up the stairs, she looked down at the wolf.

"Oh, and don't be afraid to ask me if you need help with the pregnancy. Klaus may not approve, but I know a little something about pregnancies."

"Thank you, Katherine."

"You're welcome."

Hayley and Klaus watched her disappear up the stairs to go find the elder Mikaelson.