Second Chance

It was a dark night in New Orleans, as Katherine Pierce, a former 500 year old vampiress, walked the route to the Mikaelson place. It had been 400 years ago since she had been here, yet nothing had changed as far as she knew. She was back here to get Elijah's protection. She was human now and she knew everyone hated her in Mystic Falls. She was wary though, because she knew it could be worse here, considering Klaus was here. Hopefully, he was too busy to deal with her. She could only hope.

Suddenly, she saw someone approaching her.

She stopped on the desolate sidewalk.

"You really don't want to mess with me. You don't know who you're dealing with," she threatened, assuming he was a vampire that wanted to drink from her. She wasn't stupid.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Relax," he replied, once he stood in front of her.

A moment later, before she could stop him, he was vamped out and had sank his teeth into the side of her neck.

She took a small bottle of vervain out, as she kicked him off. And as he staggered back, she through vervain on his face, which burned his skin and made him scream in agony. She then grabbed a stake she had and grazed his heart with it, before running the rest of the way to the Mikaelson family home.

As she headed up the walkway towards the door, she felt a little weak from blood loss, but kept up the appearance that they had grown accustomed to. The only one she would show weakness from in this family would be Elijah. The other two hated her. Then, once on the porch, she rang the doorbell and leaned heavily on the closest pillar.

"Who the bloody hell is that at this time of night?" she heard Rebekah say from just beyond the front door. Then she heard high heels and saw the Original sister, once she opened the door. "What the bloody hell happened to you?" she questioned, recognizing her, but not caring. She never liked Katherine. She despised her.

"Elena shoved the cure down my throat. Now I'm human. I came to speak to Elijah. Where is he?"

"He's in the Wolf Girl's room talking to her. It's the second room upstairs."

"Thanks."

Rebekah stepped aside to let her in and then closed the door, before she watched her head upstairs, not caring about her. She never had cared about her elder brother's girl. She did find it interesting though, that the girl had been able to get past her backstabbing brother for 500 years. She thought it was amazing how she had escaped without being detected for 500 years, considering others he had tried to use to break his curse upon him had failed to do what Katherine had done the first time she was human.

Kat stopped at Hayley's room just in time to see Hayley give him a slap across the face.

"Don't make promises you can't keep."

Before Hayley even started to turn around and walk away, they heard a very familiar voice.

"Elijah," Katherine said, getting their attention.

They both looked at her.

"What are you doing here?" Hayley asked in a not so friendly tone.

"Rebekah said that Elijah was in here talking to you. I need to speak to him," she answered the werewolf.

"Wait for me in my room. I'll be in shortly, Katerina," he said, realizing that something was wrong. She smelled human and she was hurt. She wasn't even acting like the Katerina she had turned into over the centuries. She was almost like the old Katerina; the girl he fell in love with 500 years ago.