Never Ending True Love

Summary: Elijah has taken the cure after finding out that Kat was forced to be human with a cure, and wants to die with her, rather than live without her. When an earthquake happens when they're in Pennsylvania, which traps both of them inside what used to be a building of some sorts, will Elijah be okay? What will ensue?

It was a dismal night in Pennsylvania, as Elijah Mikaelson lay half buried after an earthquake. He knew he was injured, feeling the pain. As a vampire, he could've just pulled whatever it was out, but he was human now. After his Katerina's transformation, he'd joined her, not wanting to outlive her. He didn't think he could handle a life without her. He didn't know how long he'd been injured, but his vision was so blurry, he couldn't search for her. He knew she was here somewhere, though.

When Kat woke up, she felt uninjured minus having been hit with cement. She then unburied herself and, looking around, saw Elijah half buried, so she crawled over to him. Then, when she unburied him, she knew why he wasn't moving much. He was probably in pain or weak or just out of it. She then knelt by his head, putting it gently in her lap.

"Elijah?" she called.

"Katerina...," he nearly whispered.

"I need you to stay awake," she told him, before pulling the rebar out. She then applied pressure to his wound with her jacket. He'd already lost a lot of blood though, and he was starting to lose. "Hang on, Elijah." She looked around for what might be the better solution to find an exit out of there, but she wasn't exactly an expert on destruction like this. She knew she had to do something. She couldn't just sit there and wait for a rescue. So, hoping that there was service inside and that he was still in town, she found the pocket her phone was in in her jacket, all the while keeping her jacket pressed to the left side of his abdomen wound, and pulled her phone out, calling him.

"Not the right time right now," he told her, before she could say anything.

"Well, how about make time. Unless you know someone that's injured in this mess, I need you to prioritize. Elijah took the cure so he wouldn't have to live without me when my time comes. He's injured. I need you to find us and help me get him out of here. He can't wait for a rescue to find us," she informed him.

After hearing all of that, he knew he had to put his hatred of her aside. One, Elijah was actually his only favorite Mikaelson and two, he didn't want Katherine to have to watch someone she loved die. He hated her, but not enough to cause her the same pain that Klaus had caused her so long ago.

"Fine. I'm on my way," Damon told her. Then they hung up.

Kat looked down at him.

"You're gonna be okay. I'm gonna get you out of here," she said, although she wasn't sure if he could hear her in his injured state. She knew keeping him awake was futile, so there wasn't much she could do. Especially, without the medical things she needed. Because of growing up with her mother knowing medical knowledge, she knew what she had to do to help him, but she couldn't do much without a hospital. She could only hope that Damon found them in time.

When Damon finally caught Katherine's scent and he assumed the other one to be now human Elijah's, it had been at least twenty minutes since they'd spoken over the phone, so he hoped he was just in time. One, he didn't want Elijah dying and two, if they were trapped like he thought, then they were both in trouble, considering both of them were humans. And with rocks trapping humans in certain spaces, he knew humans couldn't last all that long.

As he began removing cement, he used his heightened hearing. He could hear two hearts. The slower one he assumed was Elijah, but at least it didn't seem like he was going to die in the next hour. He could hear her uneven breathing, so he didn't know how long they'd actually been there. He only knew that the cement had been blocking the exit just long enough that she was starting to feel the loss of air. That made him work quicker.

As she sat there, waiting for him, though she wasn't injured, her vision started to blur, as she started to almost feel numb. She tried staying awake though, assuming that all the cement was probably making the air inside start to disappear. Then, as she stayed in her position and leaned against the wall behind her, she could hear rapid movement of cement.

"Katherine, stay awake," she heard him call to her, which made he assume that he was listening to both of them, since he couldn't see them yet. Then, what felt like not too long of a while later, as her vision grayed, she felt a hand on the side of her face. "Katherine," she heard. Then she felt someone, she assumed to be Damon, pat the side of her face gently. "Katherine, stay awake for me." Then, her vision suddenly came back, since she fully saw him in front of her with a concerned look, and she stopped leaning against the wall.

"Let's get him out of here," he stated to her. "Both of you."

As he put an arm around Elijah, she did the same to the other side of her present love, and they left the place with him, her keeping pressure with her jacket to his wound. Then they headed towards the hospital, since they both knew because of the cure, they couldn't trust any vampire blood.

When Elijah woke up, he was in the hospital, Katerina seated on his bedside. Since they usually knew what each other was thinking or about to do without words, she rested a hand on his shoulder.

"You're not going to want to move for a while. Damon helped me get you here. How are you feeling?" informed him and then asked.

"I'm sure you know," he replied, not wanting to tell her how he felt after being injured for the first time as a human. Getting hurt as a vampire so many times did not top being injured as a human.

"Fair enough," she replied.

"I see you're okay," he replied.

"Yeah, well, I think I'm just lucky. You, on the other hand, need to rest. My orders. The more you sleep, the quicker you'll heal," she told him. "I'm just glad you're okay," she added.

"As am I," he answered.

A moment later, they were kissing.

After he'd fully recovered, she and Elijah headed out of town and towards home, so their happy ending continued.