Chapter 48

Hazel's POV

"So are you sure this is going to work?" Rodger asked, straightening his back from being hunched over the map for thirty minutes straight. I copied his actions as did Alice.

"No," I answered. "But the last thing I was going to do was betray you," I gave him a small smile despite the churning pain in my heart at betraying Damon. I realised something, my life would never be normal, and I should just quit trying to make it normal because in the end, if I keep trying, I would be the one getting hurt.

I'm too selfish to let that happen, Whether that means betraying Rodger or Damon and the safer option seems to be siding with Rodger. All I need to do is just get through this life and then let God punish me in every way that he wants because I've screwed this life up and there's no way back. This is who I am, the merciless assassin who gets close to no one or falls in love with no one. Let's keep it that way.

"So, full summary, once we have 'split up,'" he quotes with his fingers. "You lead them two to this back alleyway where then we would take care of them." I licked my lips, taking in a deep breath, processing everything. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I gave him a confused look.

"I will never betray you Rodger," I spoke seriously, lying a bit.

"I know," he sighed. "That's why I'm willing to make an exception of you and him, I give you permission to run away with him," he reasoned.

"And lose our only chance of blackmailing and defeating the rival gang? I don't think so," I shook my head vigorously.

"Wait, Wait, wait," Alice spoke up. "What do you mean 'you and him'," her eyebrows furrowed together as her arms raised up in a questioning manner. "What about me?"

"The deal is only for her, Alice," Rodger shrugged as he took steps closer to Alice.

"Wait, what do you mean?" I asked, confusion laced in my voice.

"So you'll only let Damon and Hazel go and not me?" She asked, her breathing pattern seemed to be getting uneven as I saw tears pooling up in her eyes. Rodger nodded, inhaling deeply. "You know what? I'm not in with you guys on this anymore."
She then clenched her jaw, trying her hardest to not let her tears out as she turned around to leave.

My eyes widened at the next actions of Rodger. I charged towards them as Rodger aimed his gun at the back of Alice's head. Before I could properly reach him, the loud gunshot was heard. My eyes pooled with tears as everything began to go in slow motion. "NO!" I yelled as I tackled Rodger to the ground, and pinned his wrists on the floor. "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?"

"I'm sorry but I had to do it, she was going to interfere with the plan," he yelled as he flipped us over so he had me pinned to the ground.

"FUCK THE PLAN," I screamed from the top of my lungs, my tears finally cascading down my cheeks as I let out hideous sobs. I began struggling against him violently trying to set myself free. After a couple of minutes, I stopped struggling and just laid there, crying. She was my family.

My family.

"I need to know if I can still trust you on this, Hazel," He spoke calmly yet sternly. Is he crazy!?! Oh my fucking God, oh my fucking God. Oh my-

I slowly nodded, knowing that I'm not in that good of a situation right now. He slowly nodded as well, standing up. I pushed myself off of the ground as well, furiously wiping away at my tears.

"Then I need a deal! If I lead them to you, I want my freedom in return!" I sobbed. He thought about it before he finally replied.

"Deal."