Chapter 42

Hazel's POV

"Everyone get into your partners now!" The teacher called out. I rolled my eyes as I didn't move from my seat. That peasant can come over to me. Everyone started scurrying around while I just leaned on my desk. Once everyone had sat down, I realised that peasant hadn't come over to me. I shook my head as a smile made its way to my lips, he's such a fucking child.

So are you...

Yeah, shut up.

"Everyone in their partners?" The teacher scanned around the classroom and then her eyes landed on Damon probably. "Where's you partner Mr Hunter?"

"In the bin."

"Get your flat ass over here, dickhead," I called out.

"Why should I huh? You got a face like a monkey and then you go around saying, 'oh look at me! I'm Meghan Fox,'" he mimicked in a high pitched voice.

"Seriously? You were the sperm that won?" I rolled my eyes. Man I was done with him.

"I want to strangle you til you can't fucking breathe!" He groaned. Yeah, by now, it was obvious to me that he was trying to tell himself that he hated me.

"I'm so scared!" I spoke sarcastically.

"Well, I am naturally terrifying," he answered flatly. I pushed my squeaky chair back as I got ready to fight him. He pushed his chair back as well as he stood up, not the least bit intimidated by me.

"Guys, Guys, Guys, please!" Alice and Harry rushed over to us. Just then, I had the chance to look around the classroom. We were fucking putting on a show for everyone! All their jaws were literally touching the ground. I mean, just last week, we were known as the perfect and the cutest couple and now here we are. So close to slitting each other's necks. Even our group were staring wide-eyed at us. Even the damn teacher. She didn't even have the courage to break us apart.

"Alright, come on guys! Please it's our last day!" Harry exclaimed.

"Alright, Tell that asshole to come over to me then," I spat as I sat back down in my seat.

"Damon, please?" Alice asked. Damon let out an irritated growl before stomping over to me and taking the seat next to me.

"Carry on the damn lesson," Damon smashed his fist against the desk making it vibrate a little.

"Alright," I dragged on. "Calm down."

"Don't tell me what to do," He gritted out, his black eyes glaring right into mine. Something started building up inside me, I wanted to cry, I used to love him. Derek looks at me the same way, cold and like he didn't want me in his life. Am I the problem here? Do people even want to be around me? Derek. He's in coma because of me. He tried to kill himself because of me. Maybe I should just go and kill myself. Maybe, if I wasn't in this world, everyone would be having better lives. I hate how god turns everyone against me. No, Hazel, everything is just building up, calm down. Nothing is your fault. I can't bear it anymore. Without my consent, a tear slipped out of my eye as I quickly turned my head to the front. I wiped my tear away and looked back towards Damon. His eyes softened as he opened his mouth to say something.

"I'm really sorry Hazel. I didn't mean-" I cut him off.

"You think I'm crying because of you? You're not even worth my glance," I spat and then looked back at the teacher explaining what we needed to do.

"Hazel, then why are you crying," he whisper-yelled.

"Just shut up, it's none of your business," I felt Damon grab my wrist tightly but I pulled it back harshly. "People are looking, stop!"

"So, that's how you are going to be doing it," the teacher finished. "Miss Smith and Mr Hunter, you can take this area in front of the class as you are one of the highest students here. can you please just look after the class while I quickly fetch something." Just like the dog you are. "Don't do the experiment though without a teacher present." I nodded.

She left as me and Damon went closer to our area. I mean, the experiment isn't that big, it won't hurt to give it a try.

"How about we try the magnesium one," I smirked at Damon, trying to act like nothing had happened at all. Everyone started talking to each other whilst they awaited for the teacher. The magnesium one was one of the most reactive ones. It would be funny to see what happens.

"I mean, we could," he chuckled- going back to normal as if nothing happened-he lit our Bunsen burner. I held onto the clippers that we were going to use to hold the metal over the fire. I don't remember how it reacted when I did it years ago but I do remember it was the most reactive one. I clipped onto the metal as everyone was talking amongst themselves.

"Three, two, one," I smiled as I put it above the fire. Suddenly, a bright flash of light shone into my eyes making me let go of the clippers. The burning metal fell onto the wooden table in front of us.

"Holy fuck!" Damon cursed. "TURN IT OUT!" Damon screamed.

"HOLY SHIT! HOW THOUGH!" I yelled. "SHITTT!" the fire started to grow bigger as we panicked, rushing around to find something that could put an end to the fire. "DAMONNN!"

"HAZEL! TURN IT OUTTT!"

"FUCK HOWW!" I tried blowing on it.

"Holy shit! Guys! Turn it out!" Our group came rushing to us.

"Nooo I thought we should have a bonfire!" Damon spoke sarcastically, as he stopped running around like a maniac.

"Fuck Damon! We still have to turn the fire out!" I smacked his arm.

"Ow!" He faked being hurt.

"Get over it pussy!" I scolded as the fire grew. I clenched my jaw as I quickly thought of something. I quickly grabbed Damon's arm.

It's now or never.

I pushed him against the wall, my face really close to his, my hands on either side of him.

"Damon. Whenever I'm close to you, goose bumps rise onto my skin and I feel like the day just get brighter," I started as I bit my lip, Hazel, this isn't even believable, what ARE you doing! "The wind starts blowing crazily around me," Damon stared eyes-wide at me. Like I had gone crazy which probably the whole class was thinking. "It's crazy how you make my heart beat crazily fast," I spoke, my breath fanning his face as my hands trailed down his body. Yup, I still have an affect on him. Without warning, I quickly lifted his leg up and pulled his shoe off as I ran back to the fire and pressed the shoe on it.

What? I didn't want to ruin my shoe.

People started laughing around me including Alice and Harry. I chuckled to myself as the fire was finally out. I threw the shoe back at him and went to my seat, sitting back down. I leaned back as the teacher finally strolled back in.

"What... happened... here?" She questioned.

"Oh um, nothing, our friends weren't exactly sure on what we were doing so they came over so I could explain to them," Damon covered smoothly, recovering from what I had just done.

"They are lyi-" We cut the snitch off as my whole group including me glared daggers at him. God I love it when this happens, it's so funny! "Yeah, they are telling the truth."

"Alright then, let's carry on with the lesson..." she trailed off.

.