chapter 39

Ralvania set the tea cup down with gentle ease on the off white saucer plate in front of her. After a moment of awkward silence she looked at the shifter.

"Where did she go?" The empress asked him.

"I'm not sure but my Annaleigh is the nurse here. She literally knows everyone." 

"Are there fairies here?" She asked simply.

"Yes, less than thirty are in the forest."  Bane told her.

"Perhaps she went to get word out about this lost fairy." Aerostat suggested.

"That sounds like my mate indeed." The shifter replied, agreeing with the wizard.

"I hope so. The longer Willow's out there the more trouble she'll run into." She told them both. 

"I'm sure she'll be okay, the fae here are friendly." Bane soothed her, and poured another cup of tea.

"That's a relief." She said, forcing a sip of the tea down her unwanting throat. 

"You mentioned she's a changling?" Bane said to her.

"Yes her father is a wolf shifter, named Colin." She said as he spat out the tea.

"The wolf prince?"  He asked wide eyed.

"Yes, do you know of him?" She responded.

Bane took a deep breath. 

"Before he met the fairy queen, I was in his wolf pack, before he dissapeared." Bane told her just above a whisper. 

"You have got to be kidding me." She said as Aerostat listened.

"No, I'm not kidding." He said.

"I have known Colin scince he met lily.." She said.

"I'll tell him you helped with the rescue of his only child."  She added.

"That'd be nice of you. tell them they're welcome here anytime." Bane replied.

"I will do just that." She said nodding to her new friends.