Chapter 4

Before the coffee had a chance to cool off, Sage dropped the guest off to the two women; nodding to them both before returning to his work, slowly hobbling out of the office and down the hall. 

Ralvania looked over to see one of her good friends standing in the doorway.

"Why Empress I thought you'd be in here." 

"So good to see you too, but is everyone okay?' She said.

"Yes everything is fine. No big emergencies." 

"Come in and sit please." Ralvania invited the sorceress.

"Oh I'd love to thanks." She said, then nodded hello to Amberosia.

"Good to see you, Ravenessa, right?" She asked.

"Good to see you, yes that's my name." She said, taking a seat next to the young one.

   The empress smiled then grabbed a mug, pouring a cup for her guest as well. Taking a deep breath, she asked what was really on her thoughts.

"If everything is fine why make the trip all the way here?" 

"To see you. We've not heard from you in over five moon cycles. Jim is worried, Stergis too."  She explained.

"You could have just sent a message." Ralvania pointed out in a bold tone.

"What can I say, I came for the good conversation and pixie brew." Ravenessa said taking a swig of the excellent brew.

"It has been a long time." She agreed.

"It feels like ages, everyone's asked about you even the bar keep." 

"I didn't realize I made such an impression." She stated, taking a sip as well as the other two. 

"Everyone loves you and you know it." Amberosia chimed in.

"She's right." Ravenessa agreed.

"Please let them know that I'm fine." 

"Yes of course I will," She replied taking another sip from the dark blue mug, then set it on the desk.

"How's Daniel?" Ralvania asked.

"Pretty good, he goes to the pub with Richard a few times a week." She explained.

"Oh good," She said.

Ambrosia downed her coffee and rose from the seat, slowly.

"I must be going, I've got a few things to work on." She said.

"Oh sure." Ravenessa said as the empress nodded to her.

Once she left the sorceress leaned into the desk and looked at her friend.

"I like the girl but she's so quiet." 

"Get her drunk she isn't.' 

"You're just too much fun." Ravenessa said chuckling.

"Always." She replied, filling both mugs again.