Chapter 7

Minutes later the hob-goblin dropped off a different looking hybrid female. She looked to be banshee, but not a pure-blooded one. The empress didn't care if she were full blooded or not, she needed help and looked scared. What the heck would scare a banshee? She thought, looking at the thin,grey- pale  woman. The part banshee just looked at her, staring back with eyes that were a light blue-green. 

"Welcome to my home, what's your name?" The empresse asked in a sensitive and delicate tone.

"Demella, miss." She whispered. it sounded more like a zombie with the flu.

"Good to meet you. Banshee, is that what you are?" She asked.

"Banshee elf." She corrected.

"I see, please sit and tell me what has brought you to see me today?"  She asked.

Demella sat down in the chair across from the empress and took a deep breath.

"My screech is broken." She said.

"What do you mean?" Ralvania asked.

Demella rolled her eyes, then explained, "I can't wail when one dies. It's kind of my job you know." She said in a louder whisper that sounded awful, like an angel being tortured.

"I think I can help you." She said, leaning in.

"Really?" The banshee's eyes lit up.

"Yes just lt me see." She said going through the rack of herbs, spices and potions. She looked until finally finding one.

"Try this, i9f it doesn't help come back and I'll find something that will."  She said.

"You're more kind hearted than I have heard." She said with a sincere look.

"Thank you, how did you hear of me?" Ralvania inqured.

"Do you remember helping a banshee out of a trap in the forest years ago?" Demella asked.

The empress stared into space a moment until the memory hit her like a fallen branch to the head.

"Yes that had to be ten years ago?" 

With a soft smile the hybrid spoke up, "That banshee was my mom. I was twelve. Thank you for saving her." 

"I'm glad to know she made it home." 

"Thank you miss, I'll try this as soon as I get home." She said hugging the empress before showing herself to the door.

  Once Demella had been helped, she waited fifteen minutes before ordering her pixie-brew and cracking open the spell-book for the evening.

            Thanks for reading. i must give credit to my son matthew for naming the hybrid banshee... He's eleven years old and the brightest star in any dark moment. I love you.