Chapter 14

Sprinting down the hall and back outside again, the light breeze blew across her face in swirling pattern. She hoped it was just the wind, not another omen. Not again. Shaking the thought away as if it were a bug on her shoulder, the empress ran to him and climbed up his back. It had seemed forever since thier last adventure together. She missed it, but understood he had a mate and a young one. Life is ever changing, she knew it well. 

"You ready?" Soranto asked. 

"Yes but do you know why the queen needs me?" She asked.

"The princess is missing. Lilythe was with her in the forest when she fell through a portal." The dragon explained.

"Oh no, is your little one lost too?" Ralvania asked with panic.

"No, she jumped back and ran to Lily for help." Sorantotold her.

"What a good little dragon. That was good thinking of her." 

Soranto grinned with pride.

"Let's go. It figures." He said.

"What do you mean?" 

"Of all the realms in the known universe, my child bonds with the fairy kingdom." He said with annoyance in his voice, then took to the skies.

         The empress tried not to laugh, she could see the irony in it. Soranto adored the queen and fairy princess, but that was it. The rest of them he found to be irritating winged pests. So in turn, his only child's friend for life would be a fairy. It struck her as almost too funny, as they flew out of Goblin's Hollow's forest.