Chapter 2

"What are you doing, I thought you left? " she said.

"I just got home." 

"Oh good. Did you have a good visit?" She asked getting settled and pouring a cup of brew for each of them.

"Oh yes I did. Oh thank you, I missed the pixie brew." Amberosia stated.

"How's the vampire?" 

"Magellan is doing well." She said taking a sip of the brew.

     After a few minutes of shared silence, the young sorceress spoke up.

"What about this place, anything happen while I was away?" 

  The empress giggled for a few minutes as Amberosia gave her a blank look of I don't get it.

"You sound like me."  Ralvania elaborated and she giggled as well.

"Nothing out of the normal everyday clients." She said filling both mugs back up.

"That's not a bad thing," She pointed out.

"No it isn't." 

"Of all the people I know you deserve a calm day or two more than anybody." Amberosia told her.

"You're right, besides we know it won't last this is the calm before the storm." She said, gulping the brew.

"Yes and we know it well." She agreed dramatically.

"I do look forward to coffee with you when you return, but I'm happy you've made a good friend outside of the castle." Ralvania told her.

"Thank you. I too love our coffee ritual, it's calming." Amberosia told her.

"Yes it is." She said, taking a full sip.