Chapter 12

Within the next few days, Sharine finally had the strength to return to her wolf pack, with the newbons.  Amberosia really loved having the she-wolf around; but knew the wolf had a home to get back to. Hugging the wolf for a long moment then inviting her to return any time, Amberosia let go.

    Once she'd gone home with her little ones, Amberosia went to the office, walking in to find the empress. 

"Oh, there you are. Coffee?" She greeted from behind her infamous desk. 

"Sure. That would be nice." She responded, walking up to the desk and taking the provided chair across from her.

Nodding to her buisness partner, the empress filled a mug full of the piping hot pixie brew, then slid the cup to her by tapping her fingers on the desk in a strange code. 

"Did Sharine go home?" She asked in a casual manner.

"Yes, she and the three newborns just left." The young sorceress told her, taking a sip of the decadant brew.

"I'm glad she's well enough," The empress pointed out, gulping down her own mug. 

"Me too. Have you had any other clients in the last few days?' She asked, taking another sip.

Staring off for a moment, the empress gave her a puzzled look. 

"Come to think about it, no. Why'd you ask?" 

"I haven't either." 

"Then relax and enjoy it. You've been here long enough to know it never stays mundane for long." The empress reminded her.

"You're right about that, amoung other things." Amberosia replied taking a sip and leaning back in the chair.

"More coffee?' She offered.

"Oh yes, please." Amberosia replied.