Chapter 25

The empress fell through the portal. A never-ending vortex of swirling, bold, rainbow colors; merging glittering bright lights. Everything around her dissipated. Then she landed flat on her butt in the middle of a huge forest.

    Standing back up she looked around to see rainbow colored trees and far off in the distance a small mountain. She took a deep breath and hoped to be in the right place. walking in the direction of the mountain, she was bound to run into someone sooner or later. Hiking through the forest, her nerves a little more settled. Watching some of the native creatures, she saw a lot that were the same kind as her own world. She could see gnomes heading through the forest, a few tree nymphs, imps and elves within her view. There was a raven flying high above the tree tops. 

Nothing dangerous so far she thought, hiking through the brightly colored forest. After a good five miles, she saw a lavender willow tree and sat down under it. It boggled her mind, she could do twenty miles on foot in her sleep, why is it different now? After thinking about it, she remembered there are a few portals that would drain some of your energy when you used it. Perhaps this was one of those?

Then opening her magical bag, pulled out the thermos. The pixie brew was still warm enough to drink. 

"Thank the goddess," She spoke to the surrounding mystical woodlands. After the second cup, she felt better. Standing up and grabbing her things, the empress set out further,hoping to find the changeling fairy, or someone that may have seen her.

After another seven miles of hiking, her legs ached and burned. She kept going and found a separate path. Following it another two miles, saw a small hut. Taking a moment and a deep breath. She hoped whoever lived there could help.