Faking

Arthur was asleep in his tent when you got back from hunting, you felt so bad for him, ever since blackwater Dutch had Arthur doing a lot. You wanted to help but Arthur always refused.
He would say things like No I don't want to worry about you getting hurt.
As much as it flattered you that he cared this much, you were a strong girl, you could take care of yourself, and Arthur if need be.
You went to the edge of the bed and sat down running a few fingers through his hair. Arthur probably had the softest hair you've ever felt. You smiled before laying down, placing a hand on his chest. You could feel his heart beat, the only time it was this calm was when he was sleeping. It was always fast, even when he was just resting around camp, another thing showing how stressed he was.
You kissed his cheek, "sorry you're so tired" you whispered.
He turned around, "It's alright" he said in a tired voice.
"How long have you been awake" you asked a bit surprised at his sudden movement.
"Since you walked in" he said, you could hear the smile in his tone.
You blushed a bit, he was faking, because he knows that if he's asleep you usually do things like brush his hair and give him kisses.
He turned over wrapping his arms around you.
"I missed you today darlin'" he kisses your neck before letting out a tired sigh.
"Go back to sleep Arthur" you said stroking his hair.
"Okay, I should be able to sleep way better now that you're in my arms"