Nightmares

2:00 am
Arthur shot up in bed with a quiet yell. His breathing was rapid and heavy, he was sweaty, and he couldn't stop shaking.
He looked around to grasp reality, and to make sure you were okay.
You woke up to the sound of him breathing heavily.
"Arthur what on earth are ya doing up this early?" You asked still half asleep.
He didn't answer, he was grasping the sheet on the mattress tightly and shaking.
"Arthur what is it?" You asked worried
"I-I" was all he could speak before grabbing onto you. He hugged you tightly, knocking the wind out of you for a moment. It was only then that you realized he must have had a terrible nightmare.
"Hey, hey, it's alright Arthur, I'm right here" you spoke softly as you held him close.
He let out a small whimper and you could feel a few tears slide down your arm. You laid back down, with his head on your chest trying to calm him down.
"Arthur it wasn't real, you're alright" you said as you brushed a few fingers through his soft hair.
He slowly nodded as he pressed closer to you. You could still feel him shaking, and his breathing was still a bit fast, but it was better than before.
He reached an arm up and wrapped around your neck, clearly trying to get as close as possible, even though it was impossible to be anymore close.
"I'm  s-sorry" he said stuttering a bit.
"Arthur there's no need to be sorry" you assured him calmly.
"Thank you" he said, his voice only a whisper.
He eventually fell asleep, and you could hear soft snores. You smiled before trying to sleep yourself.

Well this was a bit painful to write, as seeing my boah in any pain hurts.. but I just thought it would be a cute little story... soo thanks for reading! Xoxo