Chapter 29 - Kicked out?

*Author’s note*

Sorry this chapter is much shorter than usual - I am doing year 11 exams, and I'm constantly studying. Today I had maths and english, and next is biology, studying like crazy... SOOOOO sorry this chapter is so short, but that is why, I'm sure most of you understand, if you've done / are doing exams :/

The reason I did write during exams is because this chapter is dedicated to the lovely Mekala Sommer :) 

It was her 15th birthday yesterday....

Enjoy beautiful!! <3 xox

Plus I've also been studying to get my driver's license! How exciting :DD

Hope you like it guyss! x

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29 - @Julia_Golafshan (twitter)

 *Ivy’s POV*

As I picked up my phone, I silently cursed.  It rang at the worst time possible, just as Liam was going to tell me the important piece of information.

As I pulled my phone out from my pocket, I glanced at the caller I.D.

It was Beck.

“Guys, it’s my best friend Becky, I should probably take this.”

Liam smiled at me as a signal to pick up, but it was a tight smile, and I really hoped his news wouldn’t be bad.

“This can wait, though we need to keep going with this conversation as soon as possible, Ivy.”

The three men from child protection services looked a bit uncomfortable, and I felt bad for taking away from their precious time.

“This honestly shouldn’t take too long, I’ll just tell her to call back.”

I left the room, quickly walking to my room to get some privacy while I explained to her what was going on; I probably wouldn’t feel quite at home if I said all of that in front of Niall and the lads.

I answered her call.

“Hey Beck, are you alright?”

“I had an argument with Nathan, and he hung up on me… I don’t know what to do Ivy, help me!”

As soon as Becky said that, I felt really angry and upset – the other day when I needed a place to stay, she was too ‘busy’ with Nathan, and now she comes to me when they are having issues?

Straight away I felt guilty for thinking such mean thoughts about her; after all, friends are supposed to always be there for one another, especially best friends!

“Aw, I’m really sorry to hear that, can I do anything?” I asked in my most sympathetic voice, hoping she really would be okay.

“Can you give me some advice? Please? What do I do?”

Crap.

This could take a long time, and I didn’t want to leave the men outside waiting for me, that would be very, very rude of me.

“Look, I’m really sorry Becky, but can I call you back? I’m in the middle of a really important… meeting and I have to get back into the meeting. Will you be alright for a few hours or so?”

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize I was burdening you!” she sniffed, and instantly I felt really bad for making her feel more sad then she was.

“You aren’t! I just can’t talk right now – I do want to help you though!”

“Well… if you’re sure that’s what it is…” she said hesitantly, and I sighed.

Why couldn’t she just believe me?

“I promise you, that’s what it is. If you really want me too, I promise to explain later.”

“Okay, then, I’ll talk to you later Ivy – please call me back when you can.”

We hung up, and I went back to where everyone else was, feeling bad for the disruption in our conversation.

“I’m sorry Liam, I interrupted you last time when you were about to say something, please, keep going.”

“Well, the problem we have with you staying with us is…”

He paused, and I felt my stomach tighten. I hoped he wouldn’t think of me as a burden to them.

“The problem we have with you staying with us is that we are flying out of the country tomorrow.”