Chapter 12 - Mean girls.

*Author's note*

Hey guys :)

The story should start to get interesting now, and it won't be long before Ivy goes on a certain trip... ;) be prepared :)

Love you all! Hope you all love the story x juls.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12 - @Julia_Golafshan (twitter)

 I woke up the next day, after a night full of dreaming, and thought about the day ahead.

I would have to go through seven and a half hours of pure torture before school was finally over and I could go visit the boys - somehow I could do it. 

I grabbed a muesli bar and a banana and quickly ate them while I got my bag ready for school.

I had a shower, and as I was enjoying the heat of the water, my cuts started stinging really badly.

Usually I enjoyed the pain - it would take away the ache in my chest - but today I realized that I should probably stop, because life was starting to look up. 

I was so cheerful that I even used a strawberry scented bodywash that I haven't used for months, but I always liked the way it smelled. 

When I finished my shower, I decided to where some brighter colors than usual, although they would still have to be long-sleeved, of course. 

Most days Dad leaves to go to  work early in the morning, long before I get up, so I usually have the house to myself;I love the peace and quiet, and the time I get to just think.

I finally got to school, and without realizing it, I started humming Summer Paradise, my 'song of the week'.

I like singing, and I don't have a bad voice, but I definitely wouldn't be caught dead singing in public, so I have to make do with humming.

My favourite songs are always changing, but I will always be a huge fan of Ed Sheeran and One direction, of course. 

As I walked towards my locker, I heard a girl scream, and straight away I turned to see if somebody had hurt themselves: instead, I saw three girls sprinting towards me from the very end of the corridor, waving their arms madly and racing towards...

Me?

My first thought was that someone famous must be here; my second thought was that I was the famous person, and they were running to me. 

I rolled my eyes and went back to getting my books out, and pretended not to notice the girls as they got closer. 

I got the books I needed, and just as I zipped my bag up, the girls reached me.

"IVY GALLAHER!! YOU MET ONE DIRECTION, DIDN'T YOU??" 

I winced - ears can only take so much noise, not to mention the fact that they were embarrassing me in front of so many people: the halls were slowly filling up, and I knew that if I didn’t stop them soon, I would have a very big, awkward scene on my hands. 

"Please calm down! Don't tell everyone!" 

People were starting to give me strange looks, and if they didn't already know about the fact that I know one direction... they would soon.

"What were they like? What did you do? Did they kiss you? Are you in love? Which boy are you going out with? How do you know them?" 

I tried to answer their questions as calmly as possible, but they kept asking more and more questions; because I couldn't keep up with it, I asked if I could talk to them later. 

A few girls gave me death stares and most of them walked off, most likely gossiping with their best friend about how I was going to start dating one of the boys. 

There were three girls who didn't leave, and to my surprise, I knew them - they were the three most 'popular' girls in my grade, and they made me sick.

But instead of picking on me and my choice of clothes, as they were known to do, they smiled at me - the frightening, fake kind of smile -and started talking to me in a very 'sweet' voice. 

"It's Ivy, isn't it? We heard that you're getting to know a certain boy band quite well, is that true?"

The tallest one had spoken, and although she looked sweet, I could hear a note of bitterness in her voice. 

“Um, yes, you heard right.” I smiled back, and walked past them, letting out a sigh of relief that they hadn’t asked any more questions.  

Until I heard a soft cough, which I pretended to ignore; I heard two more coughs, each one louder.

I kept walking, but before I could get much further, I felt a tap on my shoulder – I turned to see the three girls… again!

“What do you want?” I sighed, trying not to look as irritated as I felt.

One girl narrowed her eyes;  and I could tell she wasn’t happy with my attitude. Oh well, too bad for her I don’t really care she and her plastic friends think of me.

Their whole lives revolve around their clothes, their make-up, their perfect hairstyles: for them, everything is a competition, and they will and have done anything it takes to get a guy’s attention.

Seriously, I don’t think they realize that you don’t have to dress like a slut to get a guy to like you.

“Excuse me? You walked away from us! Do you think you’re special or something?”

All three girls had their hands on their hips now, and were attempting to stare me down - I tried not to laugh, but a small giggle escaped me, and I hoped they hadn’t heard that…

Oops. From the looks on their faces I could tell that they most certainly had.

“Are you laughing at us, bitch? I don’t think you realize that we are so much cooler than you, and so much hotter as well!”

“It’s Emma, right? No, I didn’t realize that, thank you for helping me to see the error of my ways though – it’s much appreciated!” I said slyly, knowing that they wouldn’t think it would be very funny, although I did.

Emma stepped forward with her two friends, and raised her hand, about to slap me; I winced, thinking of Dad and how he had hurt me.

She smirked, obviously thinking I was scared of her, or some rubbish like that, and thankfully a teacher stepped out of her classroom and into the long hallway.

“Emma Lane, Rose Menot, Stephanie Filsure and Ivy Gallaher – come here right now!” she screeched, and as much as I disliked the teacher (a history teacher I used to have), she saved my skin… for now.

“You’re going to have hell to pay, bitch,” Stephanie whispered to me in a very nasty tone, and for a second, I was genuinely scared.

“At least I don’t act like the devil, sweetheart,” I whispered back, and she glared at me.

Mrs. Nowaf, my old teacher, led us into her room, and the four of us sat down; I knew that this was going to be fun.