Chapter 5 - A mystery to be solved.

*Author’s note*

Hey guys :)

Hope you like this chapter, please vote, fan and comment!

Thank you for giving me so many reads so fast! Please comment and tell me what you think, and ideas and stuff :)

Love you all! Enjoy :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5 - @Julia_Golafshan (twitter)

*Niall’s POV*  

It’s about 9 on a Saturday night, and I’m the member of what is currently the biggest boy band in the world. And what am I doing? Lying in bed trying to sleep.

Harry is partying somewhere, probably wooing a girl with his ‘good looks and charm’ – at least, that’s how he claims he does it. Deep down, we all know he’s just an outrageous flirt… but never the less, a true gentleman. Zayn’s probably with him, or out clubbing somewhere; I just hope neither of them comes home with too bad a hangover.  

Liam and Louis are skyping their girlfriends; we don’t usually get a lot of free time, so it’s always nice to just catch up with loved ones, or peacefully enjoy a day off.   My day today was pretty peaceful: I woke up late, played some video games with Louis and Harry – sadly they whipped me, becoming some sort of team against me, but I got them back after a nice little food fight, which I am happy to inform you, I WON!  

But after we cleaned the big mess up, I still felt really restless, and even though Paul had told us to not go outside until he gave us the go-ahead, I felt I should. I don’t know how to explain it, but I left a note telling the lads I would be back in a few hours – I put a hoodie on, as well as a pair of sunglasses (so that no one would recognize me), and left the house, slowly jogging to nowhere in particular.  

Everyone thinks being famous is fantastic, and it is! But it also sucks to know that whatever you do, say or act around anyone will probably be printed in a magazine or newspaper or website by the next day – or the same day, if you’re really unlucky!  

I guess I just figured that maybe today would be my lucky day, and I could get out un-noticed. Too busy thinking, I hadn’t realized that I had run into a park; I stopped and just looked around, amazed by the beauty of the park.

It had the usual equipment, but the trees and grass made it seem like some sort of haven, covered in so much green beauty. It was what you would call ‘lush’ – soft, and lovely, not hard and full of dirt.   I sat down on top of a slide – it was really quite comfortable, and just sat, watching the wind blow the tree tops, and breathing the fresh air in.

The peaceful scenery gave me some ideas for a song, and I took out my ‘emergency notebook’ – the boys and I all have one, and we basically write down any lyrics we think of when we think of them; you never know, it could be the next hit song!  

As I was writing, I heard sounds like running, and my first thought was ‘The papz found me. Damn it!’   But when I looked up, I saw it was just a girl, running laps around the oval.

I never was very sporty, but I was shocked at how much stamina this girl had – she must have run at least eight laps before stopping, and disappeared under a tree.  

I thought it was a bit weird, but kept going. My curiosity got the better of me, though, and when she didn’t come back out, I started to get worried. I got down from the slide, and headed toward the tree she was under. I hoped she hadn’t collapsed, although it wouldn’t surprise me, the way she had been exercising.  

I got to the tree, and there was nobody there – but then I heard soft humming coming from above my head, and looked up.

She was there, earphones in and reading some book; I breathed a sigh of relief, but then realized she must have climbed the tree, something I was terrible at.   “Mind if I come up as well?” I said, looking up at her – it took her a few seconds to respond, and she pulled her earphones out.  

“I’m sorry, I didn’t quite hear what you said–“  

I cut her off by laughing, and repeated my question. “Sure, it’s a free country, isn’t it?” she said, and helped me up; but once she saw my face, her eyes bulged a little, and straight away I knew that she knew who I was.  

She didn't overreact though, like most girls would have; instead she smiled and just started a conversation. I don't really understand why people make such a big deal over us - we are just like everyone else, just more well known. Thankfully though, she was easy to talk to, and she seemed cheerful enough, although something didn't seem right.   

It almost seemed like she was happy, but she wasn't happy... I could tell because  of her smile. It didn't reach her eyes, almost like she was faking it.   

Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing, but when she told me her name, I suddenly wanted to help this girl 'Ivy' smile again - really smile.   

She didn't tell me a lot about herself, but her personality pulled me in - when she told me she had to go, I almost felt sad. I asked if I could get her number, and we messaged each other. 

I knew for sure I was going to get to know her better, and solve this mystery... And I was looking forward to it.