Chapter 50- Zombie

Chapter 50

Aria's POV

I was finally home for good. No impending doom or evil kidnapping, no dad beating me for every little thing or person calling themselves my mate, when they weren't.

We were finally free from all that.

I was free from that life.

But I had to finish it.

Ladies don't start fights, but we can finish them.

"Never do that again," Forest whispered into my hair, "I can't live without you,"

I nodded, snuggling closer to him, I had missed him, it was 3 AM and I was trying to get to sleep, but trying to figure out the best way to destroy my father's cult was keeping me awake.

Forest was already asleep beside me, and I was glad he was asleep, the circles beneath his eyes looked like he coated his eyes with mascara and then rubbed them. Many many times.

He looked exhausted.

I sighed, closing my eyes again, trying to get to sleep.

Until finally I drifted into a sleep filled with dreams of how to destroy a legacy that should never have started.

---------

I woke to the feeling of fingers running through my hair.

I tensed, why was Simon doing this, Simon never did this.

But then it all came back to me, and I relaxed. I was safe. I was home.

I turned over, smiling at Forest.

"I thought it was all a dream," He whispered, "I thought I'd wake up and you'd be gone again,"

I shook my head, "I'm not going anywhere," Just then my stomach rumbled loudly, "No where, except the kitchen,"

He grinned and we made our way to the kitchen.

----------

Atlas, Isla, and Lucy were already awake and pancakes were in the pan. I was about to walk in when I realised, Atlas and Isla don't know I'm alive yet.

It was the middle of the night when I can back, and they were already asleep.

"Forest, your parents think I'm still dead," I whispered.

He just smirked, "Wait here for a minute," He whispered back before walking into the kitchen.

"Hello Mama, Dad," He greeted them with a smile, I nearly burst out laughing from the sheer shocked expressions on their faces. "Lucy did you tell them about that thing?" I guessed she hadn't, they seemed very surprised he was smiling.

"No, I didn't, I figured you'd want to tell them," He nodded then turned back to his parents.

"Was there something you wanted to tell us Forest?" Atlas asked, sounding suspicious.

"No, no, it's nothing, well not nothing, but it can wait," He said, trying to keep the joke going, without offending me. I had to cover my mouth with my hand, their expressions were so comical.

After a few minutes of silence Isla had had enough, "Why are you so happy?!" Forest looked at her in surprise.

"Should I be sad and miserable?" She shook her head, but I could see the slight tears building in her eyes.

"I like seeing you smile, but Aria is dead, there is nothing happy about that," Forest nodded in agreement.

"About that," He turned and flashed a smile at me, the sign for me to come out of hiding.