Chapter 20- Until the end

Ha ha ha, I've been waiting for this chapter to come out for ages..... I went back and read the first few chapter of this book, to find some information I mentioned there, and I cringed, the start of this book was soooo bad, I'm surprised you read it! I have changed parts of it to make it better, but it's mainly the same so you don't have to reread it to understand what's going on.

Chapter 20

Aria's POV

I woke up to the door to my cell opening. It was around mid-day, I always slept during the day, I didn't trust my guard enough to sleep at night.

One of the men from the woods came in, followed by Atlas. My heart sunk. Forest had told me a few things about what they did to rogues. I didn't want the last thing I saw in this world to be the face of someone who gave me a home but unknowingly took it away from me again.

I don't think I could live through the betrayal of someone who had always kept me safe causing me harm, and even if I did survive I would lose the little trust I had built up over the weeks, I would be left a shell, like when I first came from my dad's.

Atlas' voice snapped me out of my thoughts, "We have two options here." He said, looking at me with no expression on his face. "You need to shift back. Try as hard as you can because we need to know who you are by the end of the day or, by werewolf law, we have to kill you."

His words sent fear rushing through me. I couldn't die. Then Forest would never know what happened to me. He might think I ran off, I can't do that to him.

But however hard I tried, I just couldn't shift back. I thought of my toes and my fingers, my hair and my skin. Nothing I tried worked.

What if I'm stuck like this forever. No, everyone can shift back, we just need to find your trigger word. Have you tried thinking about hats? What? No, I don't even like hats, you think someone has a really strange shaped head and then you find out they're just wearing a hat! You are weirder then I ever imagined.

With that I felt her leave. I was all alone.

---------

I woke up to a crash, the cell door being flung open. I fell asleep. I shouldn't have fallen asleep. My limited time I had left to shift was rapidly decreasing.

My favourite guard entered, a smile on his face. "One more hour, one more hour until your pathetic life finally ends. I can't wait." His wicked face stared down at me and he spat in my face as he spoke.

He walked out the door with a smirk on his lips, I tried as hard as I could, trying everything I could to shift, but I still couldn't work out how. I lay my head on my paws, trying to shift had used up lots of my valuable time.

The door opened again, and the guard entered a second time. "There has been a rogue attack, so I'm your guard, your only guard." His eyes glinted evilly as he grabbed a fist full of my fur, pulling me over to him.

He trailed his hand up the back of my pelt, making me shiver in disgust, disgust he seemed to mistake for pleasure. "Do you like that?" He asked me before taking his hand from my tail to my nose, I was too weak to stop him and too weak to fight back. I hadn't heard from my wolf all day and all the other guards were out.

"If you were human I'd spare you. It'll be a shame to watch you die, you would make a wonderful trophy." I nearly puked, I just wanted to go home. I saw the clock on the wall outside my cell, it was 11:30. Half an hour left to live.

-----------

The guard didn't leave. You'd think they would try to make my last half an hour a nice one, but no I had to stay sitting on his lap the entire time, his hand running up my back, making me wish for my mate and to go home even more.