Chapter 44- The wedding

^Terra's wedding dress^ Hello strange humanoid species. *I know your secrets....*

Hope you enjoy this chapter and it would mean the world to me for you to vote and comment!

Chapter 44

Terra's POV

Everyday is the same. Everyday a chore. How I haven't killed him yet is a mystery to me. If I have to live this insufferable life for another month I'm running away.

The only reason I haven't ran away yet is because it's all part of the plan. The only way my whole family will survive.

You see, I have powers. I can see the future, although not all the time. I can never choose to see the future, or not to, it just happens. I know I've never mentioned them before, but my dad used to beat me when I talked about them, my brother used to hate me when I used them. I was told from a young age never to mention them, and never to use them.

It was a bit like pavlov's dog I suppose. Only reversed. If I talked about them, I was beaten, hurt. If I didn't talk about them, I was ignored. I just started to connect my powers, to pain.

It was only once I was alone with my wolf, trying to find a way to survive, without my mate or family being put in danger, my wolf remembered my powers.

The first few times I tried I ended up passing out, I got a beating for that, for sleeping on the job, but it only made my resolve stronger. I would find a way out. a way out while simultaneously protecting my family.

It took lots of training to remember how to use them. Lots of practise to perfect them. But once I could use them, easily and effectively, I started to look for a way out.

The only way I could find still wasn't perfect. A lot was left to chance, and they still had to go to war, but they all survived. Miraculously no one would die except some rogues. And... well, that's not important. As long as my family is safe at the end of it.

So that's what I had to do.

I had to time everything perfectly.

For everyone.

----------

The door slammed shut and my dad strided in. "Go get us some coffee." He instructed me before sitting down at the kitchen table as Simon walked in.

Silently I made the coffee, eavesdropping. I wanted to know what had ruffled my father's feathers. These last few weeks he's been so happy with himself, so sure he was winning and would continue to win. So what had changed?

As I silently mixed the coffee into the cafetiere I heard my dad yelling, "How did he do it? You said she'd only said it once."

Who were they talking about?

"Well," Simon said, carefully, "She did only mention it once, but it was around a few people, and fake trees aren't a particularly average view, maybe it was memorable."

Oh, they were talking about me. I had always called inside rain forests fake trees, ever since I was a kid, although I had only told my family that once, when Forest asked me if I wanted to go.

Wait. My father's mad. Does that mean they solved the first clue!

I had read the riddle. Simon left it on his desk one day when he went out to a club. He had been stalking me for months to gather the information he needed for it, it actually freaked me out how much he knew.

It didn't take me long to solve it.

I had always called the trees fake, and I had been reading a book that included faeries and the fire wolves.