Chapter 10- Swimming and safety

Hello everyone. IT'S HALLOWEEN!!! So is anyone going trick or treating? If so what are you dress up as? Comment your answer. 

We just reached 1000 views!!!! I never thought I would get this many views and thank you all. I hope you're enjoying my story, if you are comment, vote and share!

Chapter 10

Aria's POV

I woke up surrounded by warmth and a wonderful smell. I had slept better then ever before and I felt so safe.

"Morning Beautiful," I heard from behind me. Oh yeah, that's why I slept so well last night, something about him just makes me feel so safe. I could feel the blush spreading up my neck and my cheeks were on fire.

Sensing my discomfort Forest quickly got up and we went down to breakfast. Isla and Atlas were already down, and pancakes were already on the table.

----------

After breakfast Forest and I were in the sitting room watching some strange children's TV show, I don't know why we put it on but it was quite relaxing and some parts were quite good actually, when Forest got a text message from Ash, the boy he saw yesterday.

"Hey Aria, do you mind if Ash and Skye came over?" He asked nervously, "You don't have to say yes, but he didn't mean to scare you, it's just the way Ash is, straight forward and at times very out spoken."

I picked up his hand and squeezed it to get his attention, since I had left my note pad upstairs I just nodded, yes, although inside I was shaking, something about Ash scared me.

"Hey, it's ok, I'll keep you safe. I would never let anything happen to you." He looked at me with a look in his eyes I couldn't place, a look I'd never seen on my Dad or brother before, but I have seen on Forest's parents, I just couldn't remember when....

----------

Soon Ash and his girlfriend Skye arrived, When Forest greeted them I hid behind his back, glancing at them over his shoulder until they looked and then I'd look away, not making eye contact, keeping my head down. Ash was tall, but not quite as tall as Forest. He had brown eyes and short brown hair, which on some people may look boring but it suited him well.

Whenever my brother invited anyone over they would use me as a punching bag, or a slave or both. I would be sent up to my room to stay out of sight until they had any use of me, and when they decided they wanted me, my brother would yell up the stairs and I would come down like an obedient little punching bag.

But something about Forest made me feel safe. I don't think he will beat me. I hope not any way.

I was pulled out of thought by a hand waving in front of my face. "Hello Aria, are you there?" I turned to look at the person, a fearful look in my eye but I relaxed when I realised it was only Forest.

"What?" I wrote on the paper, "I didn't hear what you said." Forest chuckled before replying.

"Skye was introducing herself to you since she didn't get to yesterday." He said, sending a glare in Ash's direction. I turned to the girl on my right, she had shoulder length black hair and bright green eyes that shone with life, the way mine used to, and being around Forest, they have started to shine again.

"Hi Aria, my name is Skye," She said, with a small smile, "What do you like to do?" I looked at her in confusion. "What do you mean?" I wrote on the paper.

"Do you enjoy shopping, or sport, or watching films?" Forest explained. I nodded my head to show I understood. What do I like doing? My brother and Dad never let me out to do any of the stuff Forest just mentioned, I used to do loads of sport with my mum but after she left the only memory I have of ever being allowed to do sport was when we did swimming in school, in year seven.

Back then the beating was more verbal abuse then physical, but people still stared because of my few bruises I had, I never got to go again because Dad didn't want anyone asking questions.

"I like swimming." I wrote, "but I'm not very good at it, I don't go very often." I looked over at Forest and he nodded his head, silently comforting me. He knew what I meant, he knew why I didn't get to go much.

"Why don't we go swimming today?" Ash said, sending a small smile at me, a silent apology for what happened yesterday. I nodded back, he was forgiven.

I started to nod my head, I really wanted to go, but I had no costume. "I don't have a costume," I wrote, "Maybe a different time?" I hoped we could go soon.

"It's fine," Forest spoke up. "We can buy one when we get there," I smiled so much I thought my cheeks were going to burst.

-----------

I got to the changing room of the swimming pool and got changed before meeting Forest just outside the changing rooms, by the showers.

Skye and Ash had already gone in, but Forest came with me to pick my swimming costume. I chose a blue and white bikini, I'd never worn a bikini before and I felt exposed, but I liked the design.

My scars were quite noticeable, and I hoped no one would stare, Forest didn't although I did catch a slight growl escape his lips.

I was excited to go swimming. I hadn't been in so long and the water looked so inviting. I couldn't wait.

Forest and I walked to the shallow end and I threw my self forward, getting engulfed by the water. I loved it. Forest swam by my side. Keeping me safe and making sure I didn't go deeper than I was comfortable with.

I loved the water. It made me feel safe, calm. Forest taught me to swim doggie paddle, so we could join Skye and Ash at the deep end. It was great. I climbed out to go to the slide when I heard a gasp. Turning around I saw Ash staring at me, his eyes as wide as saucers.

"What happened to you?" He asked, fear and confusion evident in his voice. I craned my neck around to look at my back, but it looked the same as always. I looked to Forest, he seems to be the only person who doesn't talk in riddles.

"Leave it Ash," He said coming up to me and taking my hand leading me to the slide. "But her, she's" Ash tried to say but forest cut in before he could finish, "I'll tell you later." Then we walked away, Ash looking as confused as I was. Forest looking angry.

-----------

I went on the slide a few more times and after a few more lengths of the pool we got out and got changed. The mood had changed since Ash's confused exclaim, which I still don't know what it was about, Forest seemed moodier and annoyed at Ash.

On the way back to the car I tried to ask Forest what Ash had been asking about but he wouldn't answer any of my questions. In the end I just changed the subject, trying to get any information out of him he didn't want to give was like trying to rob a bank, impossible.

I turned on some music and thought about how I could ask my question, in the end I waited until he stopped the car at a traffic light and tapped him on his shoulder. I grabbed his hand and traced the letters of my question, because I didn't have any paper.

"What is your favourite thing to do?" He looked over in confusion, "Why do you ask?" I thought about his question, what was the best way to phrase, because I want to get to know the person I have a strange sort of crush on.

"We went swimming today because I liked it, tomorrow I thought we could do what you like to do." I finally wrote, after a few traffic lights and some careful consideration.

"Well in that case I like doing anything with you, you are like a ray of sunshine and anything with you is fun." I blushed at his words, thinking about how my life has changed in the last few months.

A few months ago, I was the loner weirdo, with no friends and a broken family. My mum was gone, and my dad and brother would rather kill me then look at me.

But that all changed when Forest joined the school, in just a few months I have got a best friend and a new family. I may not be related to them by blood, but they have shown me more love in a short space of time than my dad did in my whole life time.

Some time while I was lost in thought I fell asleep, dreaming of a brown wolf who made me feel safe and a new family who made me feel loved.