Chapter 39- The act

Thank you everyone for 40k reads! But I am really sorry. This chapter is short, bad and slightly rushed. I have had lots of homework and a few tests and I wanted to get this chapter out to you. I apologise.  Hopefully I will have more time and can give you a longer chapter soon.

Chapter 39

Terra's POV

From the moment I woke up I knew something was wrong. My heart burnt.

My blood was like lava, cutting a path of fire through my veins, leaving destruction in its path.

Then I remembered. He'd destroyed my bond. Time was ticking, trickling by, counting down. If I didn't get out soon I'd die, and so would my mate, whether we shared a bond or not.

I sat up, groaning at the effort. Simon had left already, probably off to find some new torture device. Good. Gives me time to plan his death.

I got you there didn't I.

You thought I'd succumbed to him.

You thought I'd given up.

You thought I was weak, was going to do what he said because of when I was a poor whittle gurwl.

Forest taught me many things.

Strength. Determination. Love.

I had always been stubborn. That's the main reason I would never die. Every time my dad or brother tried to kill me I would somehow, miraculously survive.

I was too stubborn to die.

Forest had taught me to fight for what I believed in.

I believed in my family. My real family. Not the one related to me by blood, the one by choice. And I suppose fate, since, you know the whole mate bond thing, but anyhow.

I knew Forest would come for me. I just had to survive.

And also plot Simon's death, but that was more a personal thing.

I knew Nathaniel's a witch, although it took me a while to figure it out, I knew when I escaped I would see a trick, but I had to make them believe me, or else I would never get out alive.

And you had to believe me, or else you wouldn't believe in me. You need to believe in me.

Or else I will never be free.

----------

I had to continue on as I had started.

I cooked. I cleaned. I did everything he wanted. I took the beatings he dished out whenever he felt like it.

But inside, inside I thought of my revenge.

As my Dad beat me for the hundredth time, thousandth time, I imagined the way I would make him pay.

I wasn't the weak girl he had beaten for all those years.

I had grown. I had found strength in those around me. I had found who I was.

I wasn't ever going to give up.

---------

Forest's POV

The deadline was fast approaching. We only had a few days left to find the place mentioned in the riddle, or she was lost forever.

That was unacceptable.

We would find her. And we would find her soon.

Me and Skye were currently making our way to the butterfly world, or as Aria always called it, the indoor rain forest.

We had talked about it before, Ash was right, I never thought about it but he was right, we were talking about going there, but she said she didn't want to go, said it was an indoor rain forest and if she wanted to see a load of trees she would just step outside.

I would have brought Ash as well, but he was currently on my kill list since he kept the information from me for so long.

My parents were busy in a meeting with Alpha Maxim, he was still here. Although he had to go back soon.

I felt the empty place in my heart where our bond used to be, I had to find her before she was gone for good.

------------

The first thing I noticed as I entered the forest, was how quiet it was. The trees didn't whisper in the breeze, no animals chattered, no sound at all.

The second thing I noticed was the scent. The scent of rogues. The scent of Aria.

I ran. Without looking round to see if Skye was following. Without looking out for danger. I ran.

I followed the scent through the trees, running faster than ever before, faster than possible. I had to find her.

But I didn't find her.

I followed the scent through the trees until I found a note. A note pinned to the trees.

I pulled it off the tree just as Skye came running up. "Don't run off like that," She panted as she ran up to me, "What do you have there?"

I stared at the paper in my hand, in a trace, not blinking. Without answering her I read it.

So you solved the first clue. Well done. You are one step closer to saving, and stealing, Aria. But there is still lots to come, and time just keeps ticking on.

Good luck.

Without saying anything to Skye I ran back to the car. Rushing back home.

They were right about one thing, I didn't have much time left.

But we were one step closer. I will find Aria in time.

Sorry