Chapter 25- Another day

Another weekend. Another Chapter. IT'S FINALLY THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS!! (For me anyway!) I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS, (and if you don't celebrate Christmas, a wonderful holiday!)

Chapter 25

Aria's POV

I woke up to another day of pain. The wolves from the pack jeer and the guards poke the silver, causing a wave of pain to flow over me, but I was still alive, that means they were still alive.

From my position on the top of the mound I could see most of the pack. The trees and woods, my home, the cells, and the pack hospital where my family lay recovering.

My 'favourite' guard came over every day at midday and whipped me, with silver, in front of some of the pack who found it a sport to watch. I had cuts running from my neck to my knees which refused to heal because of the silver, it reminded me of my dad and that notion, however true, scared me because I thought I had left that all behind months ago.

Skye and Ash came to see me at dusk, they gave me updates on Atlas, Isla and Forest and told me what the pack were thinking, the atmosphere and the underlying worry and fear that no one wanted to say out loud, the alpha family kept them safe, without the alpha the pack would go into ruin.

I was worried, I wanted to see them myself, last time I saw them they all looked so close to death, Isla was deathly pale, Atlas had just collapsed next to her and Forest, my wolf kept whining out for him, wishing to be next to him, hoping he would be ok.

-----------

Some of the warrior wolves I'd met at the pack house came up to me holding a pail of water, they poured some into a bowl for me which I licked up thirstily, not caring about my dignity to lap up water from a dog bowl, soon to spit it out as the dissolved silver burnt my throat. They sneered at me, laughing at my pain, I couldn't find it in my heart to hate them because, behind the hate in their eyes, I saw fear.

They were scared, scared for the alpha family and not knowing who to trust, they blamed me because the only other people who it could be would be in the pack, and they didn't want to believe someone in the pack would do it.

The days stretched on, not really because of the ever constant pain, the packs hate filled gazes or the fact that my life has become laying on the floor with a metal collar around my neck as I waited for death or freedom, but because of the constant waiting, hoping, wishing they would get better and it could all go back to normal.

I fell into an almost sleep, my mind needed to rest but my thoughts were whirling round at a million miles an hour, never stopping or letting me rest.

-----------

I woke up waiting for the daily torture to begin, waiting for the pain, but also comfort in knowing I wasn't dead and that means nether were they.

But today was different. The pack wolves came walking past with their heads bowed and tears in their eyes, the guards came past, glaring at me as if all their problems were my fault, but hurrying me past without raising a hand to me.

This worried me, it meant change. Change could mean they were better, or worse. The suspense was killing me. No one would tell me anything, I wasn't free, but I wasn't dead.

It was Skye who finally put me out of my misery. She came up to me with red eyes but a relieved smile on her face.

"What's happening?" I asked, "Are they ok, are they dead, are they awake?"

She shook her head before telling me, "Isla nearly died this morning," I gasped, tears pricking my eyes before she continued, "she pulled through and now the doctor said they are all much closer to waking up."