Chapter 28- Be careful what you wish for

Hello little Penguins! Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a good 2018 and has a better 2019!

We just hit 15k! I really appreciate every comment, vote and reader so whether you are an active or a silent reader thank you all because I wouldn't be where I am now without you!

Chapter 28

Aria's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night sweating. I couldn't remember my dream, only that the guard was in it, and so was the man who was always watching me. They were grinning madly, smugly, as if they knew something I didn't.

I lay in bed for a few minutes, staring at the ceiling, trying to calm my racing heart. Forest stirred from beside me turning over to look at me as he blinked open his eyes.

"Hey Aria, it's ok, did you have a nightmare?" He asked, looking concerned while wiping the tears I didn't even realise had fallen from my eyes. I nodded as he pulled me closer, kissing the top of my head.

"It's ok, it was just a dream, you're safe." I curled up closer into him, breathing in his calming scent as he stroked my hair.

My mate. He always kept me safe. He didn't mind staying up in the middle of the night because I'd had a nightmare.

I loved him, and I was ready to tell him.

I looked up at him, looking him in the eye before saying the three words I knew I meant to the bottom of my soul. "I love you."

His eyes widened before he smiled, a soft smile of true happiness, "I love you too, you are my world and I'm so happy I found you." He said before leaning forward and kissing me sweetly.

Forest was kissing me.

My first kiss and it couldn't be more perfect.

After what felt like forever but also not long enough we pulled apart, "Come on Aria, we have school later, you need to sleep."

I lay my head on Forest's chest, smiling happily before letting sleep consume me. "I love you Forest," I whispered and the last thing I heard before I fell fully asleep was,

"I love you Aria."

-----------

Our final week out of school had been spent, for Forest unconscious, and for me collared to a pole, so not the best holiday of our lives and as happy as I was to be out of the collar I wished I didn't have to go back to school.

I woke up a few minutes before the alarm went off and although getting up did cross my mind I decided my time would be better spent catching the final seconds of peacefulness.

I smiled to myself, I was back where I belonged. I turned over looking at Forest, his eyes cloaked by his eye lids, hiding the stress which seemed to follow him around nowadays, mainly my fault.

I wished I could freeze time. Stay in this moment forever, the calm, the quiet, the warmth, the safety of my mate's arms.

Forest's eyes slowly blinked open and he sleepily smiled at me, yawning and pulling me closer to him, leaning down and kissing my forehead.

I missed this.

Then, of course, the moment was ruined by the obnoxiously loud alarm blaring in my ear. I groaned and threw my pillow over my face. Forest laughed at me before turning off the alarm.

"Come on, we need to get up for school." He said, pulling me closer to him giving me a quick kiss on the lips before dragging me out of bed.

I screamed as the cold air hit me before chasing Forest down the stairs yelling death threats.