Chapter 43- Do or Don't

I've just noticed, Aria and Forest haven't properly been together since chapter 29, this is chapter 43. They've spent nearly half this book apart!! If you enjoy this chapter, why don't you pop it a vote or comment!

Chapter 43

Forest's POV

The location was a burnt down temple just beyond the edge of our territory. I had only been there once because, unless you know the history, it's just an old pile of rocks.

Lucy had already traversed to the location to check if it was the right. Apparently she could do that. She hadn't told us, apparently she thought 'we already knew', because everyone you meet you automatically assume can teleport. Right.

It was about 12 PM when my mum forced me to go to bed. "You can't save her if your tired, we know the location and will make sure to go early, he can't stop us, but you need sleep."

And because I knew where I can find Aria tomorrow, and because she was right, I went to get a few hours sleep.

12 PM, 10 hours left.

----------

4 AM, 6 hours to go.

The preparation began.

The house was a mess, full of weapons and wolves. We didn't know what Elias had planned, and anyway, he had kidnapped my mate, he wasn't going to live. Not after this.

"When do we leave?" Skye asked, "We don't want to be late."

"We?" Questioned Ash as he come up next to her, "You're not coming." He said adamantly. I listened quietly, I wasn't going to force anyone to come, or to stay behind.

"I'm coming." She said stubbornly, "She's my friend too, I want to help." She stomped her foot at the end for added effect.

"Nope, you're not," Ash replied, "You're my mate, I promised to keep you safe, not to put you in danger, and this is definitely in the latter category." He said in a low voice.

She seemed to think about it for a minute before she turned to my mum, "Isla, are you going to fight?"

My mum nodded, taking my dads hand, indicating that where her mate went, she went. She then turned back to Ash.

"I am your mate. I stand by your side, not behind you. If you fight, I fight." Ash nodded his head in defeat.

1 - nil to Skye.

If she wanted to fight and Ash wasn't going to stop her, I wouldn't either.

"We will leave at 8 o'clock." My dad said, turning to the map to check the geography of where we were going. I did a quick calculation in my head, an hour of walking, we would get there at 9. That gives us an hour. Good.

Lucy could have traversed us there, but in our numbers it would be easier to walk. We were bringing 20 warriors with us, but more would be ready on stand by if we needed them.

I looked around. We would get her back, or die trying.

---------

The minutes ticked by, we would be leaving soon. Time passed in a blur, all I could focus on was her. Aria. By the end of the day I would have her in my arms. There was no other option. I would have her in my arms or I would be dead. I know which one I'd prefer.

My dad passed me some enchanted clothes.

Lucy had spelled some clothes for us, meaning they wouldn't rip apart when we shifted. A very useful spell.

I sat, staring out the window at the woods. I would find Aria. She's mine. Nothing and no one can change that.

I tried to link her, to promise I hadn't forgotten about her, to reassure her I was coming.